On this day | Page 10 | Vital Football

On this day

Today, 8th May 2021, around the date the FA Cup Final always used to be played, when football kicked off at 3.00pm, when you knew the football calendar off by heart, when the only live match guaranteed to be on was said match and it was always a bright sunny day with wall to wall TV coverage all day and I've got the bloody heating on:mad::mad:

RIP indeed must have been a horrific death,sat in many a stand like that our John st and burys immediately spring to mind
I remember watching how quick the fire spread on Calendar it looked horrific.You're r8 Bully regarding wooden stands,it was a tragedy waiting to happen i suppose.UTB

Most of the ground's in our 4th and 3rd division days weren't really fit for purpose. Notts County had wooden benches in one stand, Bradford was a hooligans paradise crumbling Kop with a rich supply of crumbling cement to throw at each other. Bury was another all the fans bounced and so did the stand scary.

Definitely a disaster waiting to happen unfortunately it happened at Bradford RIP

81 years ago, a healthy (and rather beautiful) baby boy was born in the Beauchief district of Sheffield. Fortunately, he survived the blitz and grew into a healthy (and rather beautiful) gentleman.
Sadly, the ravages of time and cancer treatment have taken their toll, and he has now become a decrepit and grumpy old so-and-so.
But one thing hasn’t changed since he was seven. He still goes down to BDBL in the hope that one day he will see United actually win the F.A. Cup. He must be daft.

81 years ago, a healthy (and rather beautiful) baby boy was born in the Beauchief district of Sheffield. Fortunately, he survived the blitz and grew into a healthy (and rather beautiful) gentleman.
Sadly, the ravages of time and cancer treatment have taken their toll, and he has now become a decrepit and grumpy old so-and-so.
But one thing hasn’t changed since he was seven. He still goes down to BDBL in the hope that one day he will see United actually win the F.A. Cup. He must be daft.
Are you posting about Sean or Bully, Bigglenaldo? It can't be your good self because you're certainly not decrepit or grumpy mi owd pal.Just in case it is you tho I Hope you have a gr8 birthday my friend. UTB

Congratulations Biggles.

Happy birthday, you deserve a medal for perseverance, loyalty, fortitude,resilience and commitment to the cause.
Hopefully this time next year you can celebrate with a combined promotion & birthday party but, as I am sure you have been told before,-DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!