On this day | Page 9 | Vital Football

On this day

I was at this one, we only got about 1100 tickets we was stuck in the corner but what a night we had,bastards kept us in for 45 mins after the final whistle

I got tickets via a Leeds connection and ended up sat directly next to the tunnel, front row. Had to sit very still for a long time, warned the wife not to celebrate and there I was ,on my feet after the 1st!.
Had to stay until the ground cleared as everyone behind knew we were Blades. Ended up shaking the players hands after they came back from clebrating with you lot in the corner.

I'm sure i had a quick chat wi thee at the Green Man on this day.Twas a quick chat cos i couldn't wait to get away from thi constant whingein.:LOL: UTB
Was at the green man wi Scunny that day might have had a chat pal but tbh not a chance I’d remember as saw loads there I knew plus the amount of ale we’d supped 🤪

Was at the green man wi Scunny that day might have had a chat pal but tbh not a chance I’d remember as saw loads there I knew plus the amount of ale we’d supped 🤪
You've got a face that's difficult to forget Wyatt,a bit like the Elephant man's.:LOL: When we scored the first goal mi youngest son and me loooked at each other and said WTF's happening we don't score first at Wembley,Jose Baxter baby.It was wonderful how all the BLADES rose as one and started cheering our boys when Hull made it 5-3 near the end of the game. UTB

You've got a face that's difficult to forget Wyatt,a bit like the Elephant man's.:LOL: When we scored the first goal mi youngest son and me loooked at each other and said WTF's happening we don't score first at Wembley,Jose Baxter baby.It was wonderful how all the BLADES rose as one and started cheering our boys when Hull made it 5-3 near the end of the game. UTB
Yes brought goosebumps that

I was directly behind the Seaman save,at eye level.Great save but he sounds such a gormless tw*t when he speaks it surprises me he had the gumption to do owt that involved being energetic.
I was also at The G.Man before the Hull game and the uprising at the end was fantastic to see, hear and be a part of.

I was directly behind the Seaman save,at eye level.Great save but he sounds such a gormless tw*t when he speaks it surprises me he had the gumption to do owt that involved being energetic.
I was also at The G.Man before the Hull game and the uprising at the end was fantastic to see, hear and be a part of.
Think it would be easier to say who wasn’t at the green man they took some money that day they were selling beer out of sheds an allsorts outside 🤣

Last edited:
50 years ago today we beat Watford 3-0 at BDBL in the final game of the season and we were promoted back to the top league after 3 years away.What a team that was,1971 was a fantastic year TC,Woody,Sir Len and the team doing their stuff and the best song ever recorded was released in this year MAGGIE MAY.Happy Days has the late gr8 SHRED used to say.UTB

50 years ago today we beat Watford 3-0 at BDBL in the final game of the season and we were promoted back to the top league after 3 years away.What a team that was,1971 was a fantastic year TC,Woody,Sir Len and the team doing their stuff and the best song ever recorded was released in this year MAGGIE MAY.Happy Days has the late gr8 SHRED used to say.UTB
After that great 5-1 v Cardiff.

Somebody saved the paper (I’ve still got the 5/5/90 one)

D47B0FD5-D683-4BAD-9FBE-98E8997B7C0E.jpeg

I do miss the Green 'Un
I never saw it in large format
the anticipation of waiting for the van to turn up at the newsagents if you hadn’t seen final score or the race into town after the match to catch the first out from the guy on high st

I never saw it in large format
the anticipation of waiting for the van to turn up at the newsagents if you hadn’t seen final score or the race into town after the match to catch the first out from the guy on high st
Final score didn't give you the details and the league tables. Joy when you won but
I didn't always buy it when we lost.