Not Latics - Euros. | Page 8 | Vital Football

Not Latics - Euros.

What a shite game. England were too timid and it was an embarrassment quite frankly. It was a fucking derby in a major championship and we just weren’t up for it. It’s unacceptable.

How Sterling started and how he remained on is beyond me. Tactics were awful from Southgate, two defensive midfielders against Scotland is not necessary. One of them should have been substituted and Grealish allowed to play in a more central role instead of hogging the left hand touch line.

Despite qualifying it feels like a defeat. We’ll probably win the group before another gutless performance in the last 16 against a decent team.

What a shite game. England were too timid and it was an embarrassment quite frankly. It was a fucking derby in a major championship and we just weren’t up for it. It’s unacceptable.

How Sterling started and how he remained on is beyond me. Tactics were awful from Southgate, two defensive midfielders against Scotland is not necessary. One of them should have been substituted and Grealish allowed to play in a more central role instead of hogging the left hand touch line.

Despite qualifying it feels like a defeat. We’ll probably win the group before another gutless performance in the last 16 against a decent team.
Got to credit Scotland. They had a go. Played the ball forward and played with passion. Fans don't want or demand much more than that.

Just play the best players and stop bothering about the opposition tactics. Yes have defenders but all these attacking players manage fine every week at their clubs tracking back. There’s no need for Rice and Phillips together making a back 6.

There’s no need for Rice and Phillips together making a back 6.

There's no need for Rice and Philips at all, they're both shite.
If Philips put as much work in on the pitch as he does in the hairdressers chair we might have a chance.

Just a note for Tree & Crown.......have you paid your £20 bet we made.....charity of choice is Joseph's Goal.....thanks T&C....😉

Just a note for Tree & Crown.......have you paid your £20 bet we made.....charity of choice is Joseph's Goal.....thanks T&C....😉

Done! 👍 Glad you're happy with that draw against a poor performing Three Lions.

Its easier to qualify for the knockout stages of this competition than to get sent home.

Enjoy tonight, all over for the jock straps on Tuesday. 🤣🤣

Agree with every word of that...Southgate is a timid dick and he's got the players playing the same. I was screaming at our defensive midfield pass the fucker forward for fucks sake. Even James looked shit scared ...we are through but won't last long with that fearful defence minded garbage. Scotland celebrated like they'd won the world Cup when in all honesty that's the end for them...2 shite teams.

I am Reece's biggest fan but tonight I thought he was well below normal. I hate to see him keep passing backwards all the time he is far better than that someone needs to get him playing to his full potential.

I am Reece's biggest fan but tonight I thought he was well below normal. I hate to see him keep passing backwards all the time he is far better than that someone needs to get him playing to his full potential.

Must admit I was moaning about Sterling looking to pass back all through the game and only realised that Sterling had gone in the middle once grealish came on and it was Reece who was playing the defencive wing forward position, is the only way to describe it.

Agree with every word of that...Southgate is a timid dick and he's got the players playing the same. I was screaming at our defensive midfield pass the fucker forward for fucks sake. Even James looked shit scared ...we are through but won't last long with that fearful defence minded garbage. Scotland celebrated like they'd won the world Cup when in all honesty that's the end for them...2 shite teams.

Oh my oh my how that just sums up the 'England' mentality... 'we were better than them', 'shuda beat them', 'oh how poor they were', 'why we not beating teams like this'.....your saying / thinking all the things we give other clubs likes of Sunderland / Leeds/ City / Newcastle shit for saying........ fuck me England were brought back down to reality by a mediocre Scotland side who made you look EXACTLY what you are......a very good side on paper but shite when it comes to producing the goods on the pitch. We won't progress but it was a nice feeling to perhaps make you think your not as great as you think you are ...but that will be blown away when you progress to the next stage & the media n fans start singing "it's coming home"....NOT

Done! 👍 Glad you're happy with that draw against a poor performing Three Lions.

Its easier to qualify for the knockout stages of this competition than to get sent home.

Enjoy tonight, all over for the jock straps on Tuesday. 🤣🤣

'Done'....as in have u have paid your £20 to Joseph's Goal? Fair play if you have, so in respect of that I'll also donate same .....just let me know n I'll click on same link 😉

Oh my oh my how that just sums up the 'England' mentality... 'we were better than them', 'shuda beat them', 'oh how poor they were', 'why we not beating teams like this'.....your saying / thinking all the things we give other clubs likes of Sunderland / Leeds/ City / Newcastle shit for saying........ fuck me England were brought back down to reality by a mediocre Scotland side who made you look EXACTLY what you are......a very good side on paper but shite when it comes to producing the goods on the pitch. We won't progress but it was a nice feeling to perhaps make you think your not as great as you think you are ...but that will be blown away when you progress to the next stage & the media n fans start singing "it's coming home"....NOT

Where the fuck did I write any of that...you just see what your hatred allows. England were completely and utterly gash but to see your lot celebrating because you got a draw was quite frankly laughable. It's the biggest compliment we can ever get . Talk about inferiority complex.

Just play the best players and stop bothering about the opposition tactics. Yes have defenders but all these attacking players manage fine every week at their clubs tracking back. There’s no need for Rice and Phillips together making a back 6.
It was reminiscent of the way Cook set up and played before the end of season annual panics set in when he changed things through desperation.
No proper wingers.
Defensive midfield as extra defence.
No service for striker.
Backwards and sideways passing.
Players not taking on the opposition.
Boring, monotonous turgid drivel.

I genuinely don't know how many of our fans believe we are any good or think we'll win anything and how much of it is banter.

If anyone has been watching England over the years I suspect they are most likely expecting to be let down no matter how good we are on paper. We have a dreadful mentality as a national team and a poor manager who's claim to fame is relegating Middlesbrough and only got the job because no one decent wants it.

I didn't rate us at the last world cup where we reached the semi final but we had youngish players who were tipped then to improve on that tournament.
Other than the coaching and tactics it must just be an attitude thing. I don't doubt we have a few individual players that are half decent but just look at half of them. There's hardly a Matthews, Finney Moore, Greaves, Charlton, Psycho, Owen, Beckham, Shearer, Gazza or Rooney amongst that lot, the Premier League has put paid to that.
Prizes for ink and dick head looking hairstyles a plenty though.

The morning after and I’m still fuming. Our oldest rivals and only the second time we’ve played them in a major championship. I don’t expect us to win the tournament but I do expect us to play with passion, to fight and to be brave, especially in this fixture. Scotland were but we got none of that, it was cowardly and shameful. To perform in that manner in what a should be one of the best games of the players careers is unforgivable. The boos were fully justified and probably unprecedented for a team playing at home in a major tournament.

Southgates selection and tactics were abysmal and if he can’t assemble and motivate a group of talented players into a cohesive team then he has no right to be manager. For him to be lauding a point so we’ve qualified is missing the point as the importance of the occasion transcended any of that and shows how out of touch he is with what supporters want and expect.

'Done'....as in have u have paid your £20 to Joseph's Goal? Fair play if you have, so in respect of that I'll also donate same .....just let me know n I'll click on same link 😉

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjo5OPSq6PxAhWlB2MBHdjHDxIQjBAwAnoECAYQAQ&url=http://www.josephsgoal.org/how-to-donate/&usg=AOvVaw2CDKemOtDda3JZQAeeH_tO

No need to Jock, i threw down the gauntlet, gave you the draw and i lost. No hard feelings from me, i hope the same from you when you men are turfed out of the competition on Tuesday. :wave:

Th
Where the fuck did I write any of that...you just see what your hatred allows. England were completely and utterly gash but to see your lot celebrating because you got a draw was quite frankly laughable. It's the biggest compliment we can ever get . Talk about inferiority complex.
Well done Scotland (hope you've done the right thing and paid up T&C)- Clarke had Southgate on toast tactically - honestly believe the England players are being placed in straight jackets because they are way way better than that - whenever did you see James be so timid and negative in a latics shirt as an example.
That said the Scottish celebrations at the end were on a par with Barnsley celebrating the fake escape or Blackburn on coming second in L1 - embarrassing

The morning after and I’m still fuming. Our oldest rivals and only the second time we’ve played them in a major championship. I don’t expect us to win the tournament but I do expect us to play with passion, to fight and to be brave, especially in this fixture. Scotland were but we got none of that, it was cowardly and shameful. To perform in that manner in what a should be one of the best games of the players careers is unforgivable. The boos were fully justified and probably unprecedented for a team playing at home in a major tournament.

Southgates selection and tactics were abysmal and if he can’t assemble and motivate a group of talented players into a cohesive team then he has no right to be manager. For him to be lauding a point so we’ve qualified is missing the point as the importance of the occasion transcended any of that and shows how out of touch he is with what supporters want and expect.

Genuine question - when is the last time England played with passion, showed fight and bravery?