Next 4 League Games | Page 2 | Vital Football

Next 4 League Games

I think the next 4 are very winnable.

My point was more people are asking what happens if we don't... I'm asking them what happens if we do? Will those who are adamant that we're in for a relegation scrap suddenly change their tune?

Fairly straightforward to answer that: some on here are programmed like Pavlov's dogs. A win and they sing that we are going up, a loss and they wring their hands and cry into their beer that we are going down. If we lose the manager must be sacked and if we win a higher level club will lure him away. :grinning:

I think the next 4 are very winnable.

My point was more people are asking what happens if we don't... I'm asking them what happens if we do? Will those who are adamant that we're in for a relegation scrap suddenly change their tune?

I thought the aim was to score goals if we were to win matches..... Silly me. All 4 winnable matches, I very much doubt it. I for one will not change my tune. I have seen enough to know we're crap.

Last edited:
I'll answer it; if they win all four in a row then it more likely than not means something will have changed with the approach to games (no full backs at centre half being targeted by opposition for easy red cards etc) and in-game management (better on set pieces at both ends, front three working closer together, better shape to midfield and movement up top etc) to help support the players more and try to give them an edge over the opposition and gain confidence. Rather just trying to coach a single tactic to try to win the possession and passing stats and not seeing the downside to having players playing out of position.

And if four wins in a row happens then more people (and most importantly the players themselves) are going to start to feel that there is an actual point to it all, even if they lose the next two after that and so on. As it would establish a new pattern that things are likely to be a bit up and down all season but it's still going somewhere.

Lose all four in a row and we know it's definitely not working. Or the recruitment isn't appropriate for the coaching.

Somewhere in between and meander on is my best guess, relying on the loans to come up with something to get them through.

Last edited:
Fairly straightforward to answer that: some on here are programmed like Pavlov's dogs. A win and they sing that we are going up, a loss and they wring their hands and cry into their beer that we are going down. If we lose the manager must be sacked and if we win a higher level club will lure him away. :grinning:

Oi, the Pavlovian analogy was mine!😁

Might be better to lose these next four games than scrape the odd 0-0, I want him out now, apart from the first 45 against Fleetwood I've seen nothing to suggest this coach will ever make a manager. I've just watched his pre match interview for Saturday he talks rubbish and I just can't take to the lad I expect the players feel the same. He's a boring ****

So Abel, are you saying we are going to win our next 4 matches ? If so I am thoroughly looking forward to them because if they're all winnable this should be the case. I don't expect them to lose or draw within the next 4 games because of what you said. This is the turning point you were suggesting, here goes. Bye the way, we only drew at Crewe.
No doubt there will be four managers saying well playing Blackpool should yield us three points.If not a win at least a draw and on our form who can blame them ......

Or 4 managers crapping their pants fearing the whirlwind when we click.

No doubt there will be four managers saying well playing Blackpool should yield us three points.If not a win at least a draw and on our form who can blame them ......

I honestly don't think those next four matches should be taken for granted and your right prem, definitely harder than some on here imagine it to be. Its a very silly assumption based on nothing more than expectation, the very thing we have all been guilty of.

Might be better to lose these next four games than scrape the odd 0-0, I want him out now, apart from the first 45 against Fleetwood I've seen nothing to suggest this coach will ever make a manager. I've just watched his pre match interview for Saturday he talks rubbish and I just can't take to the lad I expect the players feel the same. He's a boring ****

He must send them out half asleep.

He must send them out half asleep.

hence the red card not even a minute into the game by a player that should of started at Lb inexcusable in my opinion. What worries me is how’s he going to set up next? God only knows it’s frightening.

For all their wealth of intelligence and knowledge, common sense still doesn't grow in every ones garden it appears. Just like politicians I guess :grinning:

hence the red card not even a minute into the game by a player that should of started at Lb inexcusable in my opinion. What worries me is how’s he going to set up next? God only knows it’s frightening.

He's having a laugh Ash, something to tell his Grand kids about, should make em laugh too :grinning:

I'm unsure why he played Husband at CH especially after signing 2 CH;s.
What Tues showed us is that Mitchell got roasted, as Gabriel did v Ipshit, and that the best 2 fullbacks at the club are Turton and Husband.
Have we heard how many games his ban is yet? I would assume it's at least 5.

What I would expect NC to do now is change to a flat back 3.
Marv - who has looked miles better since Nottingham departed, Ballard and Turton.

He surely has to push Mitchell away from that LB position in a flat back 4 to play as part of a 4 or 5 man midfield.
That gives him the option of 3-5-2 or a 3-4-3.

It's going to be another month before Dougall is fit to play, and I don't buy the KK is back in training and in contention for Saturday story.
I anticipate post match interview to reveal the words "Wasn't quite ready in time" re: KK.

Anderson is already ruled out so I would hope to see tomorrow's line up as a
3-4-2-1

Maxwell
Turton Marv Ballard
Ward Williams Robson Mitchell
CJ Woodburn
Madine

My guess is Husband will get one match for the professional foul and a bonus one for being a naughty boy a second time ? Tis only a guess though. Does anyone know?