Next 4 League Games | Vital Football

Next 4 League Games

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
MK Franchise Home (22nd) Wimbledon Away (13th)
Burton Albion Away (24th)
Wigan Home (21st)

Anything less than 6 pts and he's gone.

12 points mate.

I said last weekend he was entering a key run of 6 games, of which 5 were very winnable (Charlton aside).

Wonder if the Ipswich game was brought forward to create a gap in fixtures for the board to reflect on how things are going and what needs to happen next after ten league games?

And if we don't Teddy?
It depends on whether we appear to be improving and bedding in or falling apart at the seams. At present I think matters are not so dire as the results suggest. There might not be much to be gained from not giving more time to bed in the new philosophy. Some fans are way too impatient.

It will be inconclusive. We will probably draw all 4, which wiill be unlikely to keep us out of the relegation places at the end of the season. As I said on another thread, it is not just the results, but the fact that we don't look like winning a game

It will be inconclusive. We will probably draw all 4, which wiill be unlikely to keep us out of the relegation places at the end of the season. As I said on another thread, it is not just the results, but the fact that we don't look like winning a game
Always look on the bright side of life...

I'm not sure why the team have become so negative other than the fact that they have become some regimental, and I lay that at the managers + coaches doors.

Defending corners = zonal marking. Their disallowed goal had them queuing up to head it. Unchallenged.

Labala - 30 shots MORE than any other player in Div 2 last season how many shots has he had for us? He goes forward down the wing and suddenly stops to pass back or sideways. He must have been told to do that, clearly at his last club he wasn't afraid to shoot.

It's like we are trying to score a perfect goal, we don;t need that - it's Div 3 (old money) we just need goals.

People scoffed when Frenchie was sold, we can do / need better.
He is exactly the player we need at this time. Yates would have had a field day feeding off him.

At the minute the system is draining players of confidence.

Confidence is shot, let's stick together etc. these next 4 games are games we should be winning, I expect us to win.
Let's face facts - if we can't win these then the likes of Pompey and Posh will batter us.

I'm getting impatient. I still have concerns whether NC is a coach or manager and not bringing in an experienced number two was a mistake. I would like to think that NC can turn this around and learn from his mistakes like bringing Williams on the other week when we are behind, thinking nutcase could be a centre half. He really needs to stick with a back four and get them working as a unit, changing the players means different ways of playing together.

If the NC exercise works out and let's all agree this was an exciting appointment, then we will have a young team for now and the future and playing good football.

Whilst we have Super Simon Saddler then we are in good hands and good times are ahead

And if we do?

So Abel, are you saying we are going to win our next 4 matches ? If so I am thoroughly looking forward to them because if they're all winnable this should be the case. I don't expect them to lose or draw within the next 4 games because of what you said. This is the turning point you were suggesting, here goes. Bye the way, we only drew at Crewe.

Massive 4 games.

On a positive note, I always remember Brian McDermott’s Reading that won the championship lost their first 5 league games so it’s how you finish not how you start.

Hopefully we are getting our bad run out the way now then will pick up, 17 signings aren’t going to click right away.

That said, don’t pick up much from the next 4 games and then even I might start to panic.

I know the coaches have a dream of being a Tesco Value Liverpool but for me there's no harm in keeping it simple like the equaliser at Crewe.

Otherwise it's a fairly transparent set up so far which is pretty much doing the opposition's scouting for them in advance and you can see it in the games.

It's over to Ballard and Woodburn now really to try to help subsidise it at both ends by not being Husband and Yates, and see if things can settle down into something that looks more like a football team that can win games.

So Abel, are you saying we are going to win our next 4 matches ? If so I am thoroughly looking forward to them because if they're all winnable this should be the case. I don't expect them to lose or draw within the next 4 games because of what you said. This is the turning point you were suggesting, here goes. Bye the way, we only drew at Crewe.
I think the next 4 are very winnable.

My point was more people are asking what happens if we don't... I'm asking them what happens if we do? Will those who are adamant that we're in for a relegation scrap suddenly change their tune?