Next 4 League Games | Page 5 | Vital Football

Next 4 League Games

I do think that if we can't beat The Franchise at home, then we're in a bit of trouble that needs sorting sooner rather than later....

I love a good fact or two!

I can assure you we will win today as I am cooking a lancashire hotpot for lunch. We always win when I cook a hot pot.
Seems to me you are to blame by not having Lancashire Hotpot every time we play....The naughty corner for you !

Absolutely no idea what to expect today. There's more of a relaxed feeling as there always is given the perception of MK, and looking at the current table, but I just hope it ends well, and gives everyone a better Saturday night. Need some points on the board from these home games where the expectation is that you have the advantage so you have to make it count.

Not really bothered about what it's all supposed to look like in a years time and short term pain for long term gain stories right now. That is something that Critchley is trying to put across to validate him playing full backs at centre half and it backfiring etc. I'm just looking at the reality of where we are, and actually trying to get something up and running first.

Obviously people are entitled to their opinions, but it does amaze me how negative this board has become in just a matter of weeks. I don't remember it being this bad even when we had Lee Clark etc.

Anyway, at the risk of upsetting people with some stats again (evidence, that's the new buzzword), of last season's top six, 50% of them had slow starts; two in particular:

Rotherham were 14th after 7 games and finished 2nd

Portsmouth were 19th after 7 games (with one win) and finished 5th

Oxford were 20th after 7 games (with one win) and finished 4th

Our race is not run after 7 games.

Boring:blah:
That's because some of us can see that at the moment we are going nowhere Abel. Game in game out it's getting worse not better and the quality of ball delivery into the box seems non existent. Nobody seems confident to run with the ball at defenders and into their penalty area in case it seems they can be blamed for not passing. Our number of shots from outside the box are almost non existent, as are the number of crosses that get put over whether quality or not. I am like others on this site very concerned with what we are watching. We all started off the season with great expectations but it is a long way from being delivered at this time. Your opinion will never upset me Abel-- your opinion is as always most welcome, though I may disagree with you from time to time.

There's none so blind as those that won't see. We wont win games without scoring no matter how many stats he throws at us.

I can report that the Lancashire hot pot was my best ever and will be as accurate as examining the entrails of a sacrificial goat in predicting the outcome. I wonder what odds one can get on Sexy's 4 nil scoreline ? My hopes are rising. If we win I shall celebrate with a fine traditional sweet pudding later.

Ok then. Now give us some stats where teams have been on or near the bottom after 7 games and ended up relegated.
Last season relegation from L1 a bit of a curveball because obviously you had Bury thrown out of the league and Bolton deducted points, which sealed two of the spots.

Southend were 22nd and Tranmere were 18th.

The season before I can't find where Bradford were, but Scunthorpe were 17th, Walsall were 5th and Plymouth were bottom.

I can report that the Lancashire hot pot was my best ever and will be as accurate as examining the entrails of a sacrificial goat in predicting the outcome. I wonder what odds one can get on Sexy's 4 nil scoreline ? My hopes are rising. If we win I shall celebrate with a fine traditional sweet pudding later.

love a good hotpot always have mine with pickled red cabbage 👌🏻

MK Franchise Home (22nd) Wimbledon Away (13th)
Burton Albion Away (24th)
Wigan Home (21st)

Anything less than 6 pts and he's gone.

So, 3 games into the 4.

2 wins and a loss that a lot of people have defined as "scrappy".

Not going to pretend that we have remotely turned a corner, but there's some light there. Optimistic going into the Wigan game?

So, 3 games into the 4.

2 wins and a loss that a lot of people have defined as "scrappy".

Not going to pretend that we have remotely turned a corner, but there's some light there. Optimistic going into the Wigan game?

Well something changed yesterday in the approach and the set up of the team. Even though it felt a bit through gritted teeth listening to Critchley after the game.

I'd rather it was up and down than just down but at least someone is trying to change something rather than ploughing on trying to win the passing stats but not games.