New signing about to be announced | Page 5 | Vital Football

New signing about to be announced

Yes, I agree. Very articulate and comes across as very likable, especially at the meet the manager thingy when he first joined. He gets very animated and probably aggressive towards the officials during a match, and I think that's as much about trying to gain an advantage from them if he can. He's always done it, which means he does get booked from time to time.

Yes, I agree. Very articulate and comes across as very likable, especially at the meet the manager thingy when he first joined. He gets very animated and probably aggressive towards the officials during a match, and I think that's as much about trying to gain an advantage from them if he can. He's always done it, which means he does get booked from time to time.
That's the other thing that has surprised me. Evans and Raynor have rarely been spoken to by the referees let alone been booked or sent to the stands.Perhaps he has learned how far he can push a lot of the referees .So he only gets in trouble every so often.

I think selling the club is one of Scally's and SE's biggest strengths. Kyle's mum has posted some very complimentary words on The Gills facebook page about how their family was treated by them and the club as a whole during the talks process.
I imagine it can go a long way if you know you and your family are being treated well.

Are you Scally’s Dad? 😄

Hmm ive always thought hes a prick, but to be fair to him he must have something about him as he's taken a small budget at fleetwood and did well last year, so i guess the players must have been playing for him.

It`s common knowledge up here that Fleetwood Town has a very strong financial base. Their academy is the envy of many in higher divisions and the playing budget is (well was - S/Cap) one of the highest in L1. (I can`t provide documentary evidence - it`s just how the Lancashire media report it - and the owner is quite open with them) They do have a very wealthy owner, unfortunately they have a very low catchment area for support - their crowds are low - even under usual circumstances. Don`t see how the club could sustain itself for decades tbh. High wage is the only reason Fleetwood attracts such high calibre players - Fleetwood`s not exactly St Tropez. But it is nice for coastal walks (y)

I would agree with you about Barton. Whilst he doesn`t endear himself to many of us, he certainly knows how to get a team to play neat flowing football. My guess would be that he`s actually quite popular with most players.

I might have missed this fact in the announcement about Dempsey but has his length of contract been confirmed?

It`s common knowledge up here that Fleetwood Town has a very strong financial base. Their academy is the envy of many in higher divisions and the playing budget is (well was - S/Cap) one of the highest in L1. (I can`t provide documentary evidence - it`s just how the Lancashire media report it - and the owner is quite open with them) They do have a very wealthy owner. High wage is the only reason Fleetwood attracts such high calibre players.
That will really confuse SteveTreacle as he struggles to comprehend that traditionally small/smaller clubs sometimes 'come into money' and have more cash than gills and therefore are able to sign better rated/more expensive players, and as such we struggle to compete with them despite them being traditionally smaller than us.

That said, in this instance we've actually out done them. Although as others have suggested, it's probably more to do with his relationship with Barton than anything else money-wise.

Last edited:
That will really confuse BromleyGill, as he struggles to comprehend that traditionally small/smaller clubs sometimes have more cash than gills and therefore are able to sign better rated/more expensive players, and as such we struggle to compete with them despite them being traditionally smaller than us.

That said, in this instance we've actually out done them. Although as others have suggested, it's probably more to do with his relationship with Barton than anything else money-wise.
I think you mean someone else but I wouldn’t tag people in different posts. It pisses me off when people do it to me, and comes across as a bit obsessive.

I think you mean someone else but I wouldn’t tag people in different posts. It pisses me off when people do it to me, and comes across as a bit obsessive.
Ohi cant remember who it us then. maybe steve treacle but i wouldn't want to besmirch someone elses good name if im wrong. Can't be that obsessive if i cant even remember who it is!

On another forum (via Newsnow) an incredible 32% of Gills "fans" don't think Dempsey is a good signing! Who are these people? If we got Messi they would say we should have got Ronaldo!

Can't see the article you're referring to, so don't know how the question was worded. I'd have thought, though, that a large percentage of Gills fans will never have heard of him. Those who follow the league and our rivals closely would have done, but personally speaking, I'd never heard of him before we signed him. I think he sounds like a good signing based on what others have said about him, but that's based solely on other people's opinions, not my own.

Admittedly, even in the case of someone who's never heard of him, it sounds a bit harsh to say they don't think he's a good signing, as I say, it depends how the question was worded I guess.

Can't see the article you're referring to, so don't know how the question was worded. I'd have thought, though, that a large percentage of Gills fans will never have heard of him. Those who follow the league and our rivals closely would have done, but personally speaking, I'd never heard of him before we signed him. I think he sounds like a good signing based on what others have said about him, but that's based solely on other people's opinions, not my own.

Admittedly, even in the case of someone who's never heard of him, it sounds a bit harsh to say they don't think he's a good signing, as I say, it depends how the question was worded I guess.
Now 31%
https://the72.co.uk/187086/hull-city-and-sunderland-target-completes-gillingham-move/

Shirley whether a signing is good or not can not be assessed before a player has even kicked a ball for the club?

Although I know many "fans" that will decide a signing is bad or shows the club lacks ambition, before they even play for us.

I get the feeling that Dempsey is the sort of player that will improve our passing ability and may be a realistic choice as captain, but that is only a guess based on what I have read about him.

Shirley whether a signing is good or not can not be assessed before a player has even kicked a ball for the club?

Although I know many "fans" that will decide a signing is bad or shows the club lacks ambition, before they even play for us.

I get the feeling that Dempsey is the sort of player that will improve our passing ability and may be a realistic choice as captain, but that is only a guess based on what I have read about him.
Agreed on paper JET could have been a great signing and even after a few games did not prove otherwise. But what can be agreed is on paper the signings thus far have been a step up from what we had .But then of course on paper Eaves was a crap signing so as you say until we get real games and see the dynamics of the side nothing in certain.