New signing about to be announced | Page 6 | Vital Football

New signing about to be announced

Agreed on paper JET could have been a great signing and even after a few games did not prove otherwise. But what can be agreed is on paper the signings thus far have been a step up from what we had .But then of course on paper Eaves was a crap signing so as you say until we get real games and see the dynamics of the side nothing in certain.
Can anyone remember what the Yeovil fans said about Eaves? I’d be interested to hear if they said “has the potential to score, just doesn’t get the opportunities” and “get the ball at his feet or chest and he’ll do things”

It’s now at 23% don’t like.

I also wonder if a portion of that is other clubs fans, particularly Hull and Sunderland. The website (through newsnow) was a generic EFL site, not a Gills or Kent based site. Their fans would have also got the link on their search of newsnow.

Seeen plenty of (particularly) Hull fans telling everyone how shite he is since he’s not going there now.

Can anyone remember what the Yeovil fans said about Eaves? I’d be interested to hear if they said “has the potential to score, just doesn’t get the opportunities” and “get the ball at his feet or chest and he’ll do things”

From memory Yeovil fans were a bit like us with Mandron and Hanlon.

Sort of they could see he had decent parts of his game but just got a goalscorer. And I think they also thought he’d be out of his depth in L1.

A lot of Hull fans (well, the ones grumpy enough to post on forums) now think Tom Eaves lacks skill, technique and physicality.

I’ve tried to point them to his montage of 40 goals in 2 seasons to dispute the lack of skill/technique, but they aren’t too interested. Dunno why 🤷‍♂️

I reckon if Hull play to his strengths then he’ll get 20+ this season.

From memory Yeovil fans were a bit like us with Mandron and Hanlon.

Sort of they could see he had decent parts of his game but just got a goalscorer. And I think they also thought he’d be out of his depth in L1.

A lot of Hull fans (well, the ones grumpy enough to post on forums) now think Tom Eaves lacks skill, technique and physicality.

I’ve tried to point them to his montage of 40 goals in 2 seasons to dispute the lack of skill/technique, but they aren’t too interested. Dunno why 🤷‍♂️

I reckon if Hull play to his strengths then he’ll get 20+ this season.

Hull fans would do well to remember that he was playing in a poor team so naturally goals will be hard to come by.

Hull fans would do well to remember that he was playing in a poor team so naturally goals will be hard to come by.
Hull were doing ok until the board sold their best two players in the transfer window and on resumption of the league, some of their players refused to play because they would not sign up to a short term contract and risk injury.
Because of that, they were really up against it.
Had Lyle Taylor agreed to play, maybe Charlton would have stayed up.
We’ll never know now.

As the old saying goes everyone rises to their level of incompetence. Eaves is a good L1 striker but the Championship was a bridge too far. This season we will have very tall defenders to counter his threat.

Where’s the fight taking place and will it be streamed live to S/T holders?

Venue negotiations are currently taking place. Word on the street is it’s either the Queens head car park or out the front of the Sainsbury’s on Gillingham road.

I’m boycotting anyway. I’ve not had my refund for mozzers last fight that ended abruptly...........