New signing about to be announced | Page 2 | Vital Football

New signing about to be announced

For some reason a lot of them said he’s afraid to shoot. Dunno what that’s about. Unless he often gets into great positions and then doesn’t pull the trigger?

Maybe the statistics on Wikipedia are right, then - 6 goals in 197 career appearances?

Hopefully, Evans can correct that flaw.

If not, he can protect the back four and release other players.

Don't give-up yet, there's plenty of room on the bench!
No chance. The kids clearly are up for it.Giving a 17 to 18 year old a chance to make the bench makes a lot of sense right now.Leaving a little bit just in case and using kids a few times a season if you have too.With the amount of free agents that could be a excellent strategy and could inspire young lads too to think if they do well maybe in the next year or two etc.For too long super talented apart have not had much of a chance. The fact that we probably produce more Championship and premiership footballers than league two and national league players out of our youth side almost proves that.

A great signing on paper a bit of quality in midfield is something we have not really had for years.Hopefully he will be able to help the younger lads in there.Well done Steve Evans that should help to attract a few more useful youngsters on loan if their is any money left.

I’m told he was offered a new contract. And apparently last season he declined to sign a longer contract because he wanted to play Championship football. Maybe in the current Covid climate there wasn’t the interest from the Championship.

He was loaned out to Peterboro last season. Maybe he doesn’t figure in Barron’s plans as much as he’d figure in ours?

Edit - Phil posted same time. Maybe there is something in the Barton thing.

After Barton, Steve must seem like a cuddly pussycat.

A great signing on paper a bit of quality in midfield is something we have not really had for years.Hopefully he will be able to help the younger lads in there.Well done Steve Evans that should help to attract a few more useful youngsters on loan if their is any money left.
Are you starting to cheer up a bit for the coming season Chris?
I was getting a bit worried about you at one stage with the glass half empty stuff.
We going up as champions 👍

Are you starting to cheer up a bit for the coming season Chris?
I was getting a bit worried about you at one stage with the glass half empty stuff.
We going up as champions 👍
Wait and see When I moved back to Kent we lost at Wembley against Manchester city shortly after .It took another year.Now I am moving away maybe we are into another era.Only hope we can pay the wages if their is another shutdown this winter.

"The former Huddersfield Town man, who played a part in the club’s 2015-16 Championship season, opted to leave the Trawlermen last month after having turned down a three year deal that would have seen him made one of the Fylde coast club’s highest paid players. "

Taken from the EFL Express.
Sounds promising then. I guess we must be paying pretty well too then. Cant imagine he's just come down here for the craic.

Sounds promising then. I guess we must be paying pretty well too then. Cant imagine he's just come down here for the craic.
Could we have offered him the armband perhaps?
I know it does not pay the bills but captain of a successful side looks great on your CV.

It's five years old but if he still has the same feelings I would say that might be the biggest reason he signed.I believe this is our new Skipper.

Just starting to wonder if PS has obtained some financial backing/investment to facilitate this quality of saving? For obvious reasons he would want to keep shtum
about it.

Just starting to wonder if PS has obtained some financial backing/investment to facilitate this quality of saving? For obvious reasons he would want to keep shtum
about it.
Would love to see the figures.

My feeling is that we’re not spending as much as fans might think for a few reasons:

1. I reckon we saved a fortune by leveraging the loan market more than we have done historically.

2. Even including loans, our squad is small.

3. Backroom staff has been cut - Royce springs to mind.

4. We’ve not had the legacy of paying players like JET when they’ve already left.

5. First team regulars like Tucker will probably be low earners.

6. The market is depressed since COVID-19 and salary cap.

7. Players not in BFSE’s plans have been shipped out quickly. Fuller, Hodson, Cisse etc.

8. Probably saved a few weeks salary by agreeing contracts only recently.