New signing about to be announced | Vital Football

New signing about to be announced

Great window so far, and all but two being permanent signings. Such a positive air about the club at the moment, makes a change from every Facebook post by Gills being met with negativity.

A few more players needed to make up the numbers, some of which could possibly come once the loan window re-opens? I’d like a replacement for Hanlan who knows where the net is.

Another sound signing. People are already taking notice. In fact, even before this signing they are. I put my annual bet on our promotion last night and we are miles shorter than we've been for year at this level - 7/1 for promotion; 22/1 for the title. In recent seasons, we've been nearer 25 or 30/1 for promotion and 75 even 100/1 for the title.

I’d be interested to hear Fleetwood fans’ comments on him. It seems he can play a lot of positions across the pitch.

I’d be interested to hear Fleetwood fans’ comments on him. It seems he can play a lot of positions across the pitch.

Lot of Fleetwood fans on twitter and Facebook seem to rate him highly. Most of them say he is def a central midfield box-box type.

I was told by one of their bloggers that he was definitely offered a new contract there, despite them loaning him to Peterboro last season. He played 11 games at Boro so must be decent enough to get in their lineup.

For some reason a lot of them said he’s afraid to shoot. Dunno what that’s about. Unless he often gets into great positions and then doesn’t pull the trigger?

Oh wow!! That's a very good signing, I'm shocked. I didn't expect him to come to Gills, get in!! SE said a number of big clubs were after him and this article backs that claim up, Sunderland and Hull City also showed interest in Dempsey.

Steve Lovell was a top bloke but I think we all have to accept we are now only getting these signings because of Evans contacts in the game.

https://eflexpress.news/sunderland-gillingham-and-hull-city-all-chasing-experienced-midfielder/
Not just his contacts, but experience in doing deals, and managing players. I guess he will know better what to say to convince players to come to gills than lovell etc. did. And i guess more players will believe that he can back it up too.

anyone know why he left fleetwood? Was it his choice? Was his contract not renewed?

I’m told he was offered a new contract. And apparently last season he declined to sign a longer contract because he wanted to play Championship football. Maybe in the current Covid climate there wasn’t the interest from the Championship.

He was loaned out to Peterboro last season. Maybe he doesn’t figure in Barron’s plans as much as he’d figure in ours?

Edit - Phil posted same time. Maybe there is something in the Barton thing.