New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 95 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His agent had agreed outline personal terms, he himself under his contract conditions wasn't allowed to speak to anyone without first seeking his clubs permission, after the approach to his boss and his rejection; they were fully prepared and armed with a huge contract increase; he/his agent said 'that'll do' and that was the end of the conversation.

Sorry, when a man shows that lack of ambition, I personally wouldn't waste time on him, that said he's now secured his financial future and for him and his family that will obviously mean a great deal.

Reasonable questions about his character go a bit deeper, being how he left the AZ job, and then talking with Leeds (Everyones so sure he had permission..), and then the dallying w Spurs. All happening within his blip of a managerial career.... since 2019.

He's got a good football brain, seems a decent dude to hang with, but maybe not the kind of guy you count on.

Right now I would take Steve Cooper, great with youth players and while being a 4231 man in the main he is willing to play other formations when appropriate.

Reasonable questions about his character go a bit deeper, being how he left the AZ job, and then talking with Leeds (Everyones so sure he had permission..), and then the dallying w Spurs. All happening within his blip of a managerial career.... since 2019.

He's got a good football brain, seems a decent dude to hang with, but maybe not the kind of guy you count on.

These very things crossed my mind more than once as well xvausch.

We may well be discussing how we dodged a bullet in time to come.

I may be being thick but I really can’t understand why an agent would get her client to sign a contract with Feyenoord which in all likelihood was at a much lesser amount than we would be offering. It makes no sense to me I’m afraid but will be stood corrected!

Perhaps Arne wanted to stay with Feyenoord so his agent touted him around to get a fast pay rise and a new contract with some assurances.

Has anyone mentioned Michael Carrick as our next coach. I think he would command the respect from the players and train under sir Alex. He is a winner plus can work with the youth and on a small budget

Has anyone mentioned Michael Carrick as our next coach. I think he would command the respect from the players and train under sir Alex. He is a winner plus can work with the youth and on a small budget
He has had one or two mentions early in the proceedings, maybe one for the future for me, not enough experience yet.

Jesus we are really scraping the barrell here lads, Michael Carrick,Van Nistelrooy, we are Spurs FFS...Have we fallen that far.... Unfortunately we probably have. Levy has to go,if he is a Spurs fan as he claims he is he should just fall on his sword, even though I know he wont, absolute shambles of a club.

He has had one or two mentions early in the proceedings, maybe one for the future for me, not enough experience yet.

You can say that with Xavi, Xabi Alonso , Kompany and Arteta but they are all doing well. I know it was only 3 game's but he did very well at Man Utd and everyone you speak to has nothing but good things to say about him.

Mason is certainly trying to sweeten up Levy with some of his presser comments. It is simply too big of a job for him but I really do admire his desire.

I'm more nervous about who we might hire now, than I was a week ago. Everything really should be sorted, ready for an announcement (DoF and head coach) before players and coaches all go on their holidays. If it drags on until after, we are in trouble.

I think the lack of noise surrounding the job does point to Mason being given the job, I just can't see any alternatives.

We're now a mid table club and a rebuild is required from the ground up. I just hope Mason is brave enough move on some of the dead wood and start again with a fresh approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.