New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 96 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason won't get the nod. Danny has to save face and be seen to be doing something significantly constructive, Christ knows what! Apart from the 2 or 3 names he has left on his dwindling list I'm hoping he at least has the temerity (had to look that word up) to make an approach to Emery.
I'm living in fear that it will be the Aussie bloke, to make Scotty feel comfortable!.

Mason won't get the nod. Danny has to save face and be seen to be doing something significantly constructive, Christ knows what! Apart from the 2 or 3 names he has left on his dwindling list I'm hoping he at least has the temerity (had to look that word up) to make an approach to Emery.
I'm living in fear that it will be the Aussie bloke, to make Scotty feel comfortable!.
However good he is I don't think Levy will consider Emery because of his Gooner connection, he's in big enough trouble as it is without adding to it.

As much as I like Mason,If he is appointed manager, I will finally give up on my beloved Tottenham,who I have supported through thick n thin for the last 45 years.
Sorry to say this vinnie..."real fans do not give up!" and you! are a real fan even if its only over 45 years lol! so you will not give up!
Me never! as a short term fan of 64 years lol!

I mean no disrespect to Feyenoord, especially after their impressive season, but the fact that their manager would prefer to stay there than to have the opportunity to manage Spurs just goes to show how poorly people are viewing the club right now.

You just need to look at comments from players/managers/other chairpersons/ and less so agents to see how we are viewed.

I mean no disrespect to Feyenoord, especially after their impressive season, but the fact that their manager would prefer to stay there than to have the opportunity to manage Spurs just goes to show how poorly people are viewing the club right now.
Sorry meee! I cannot agree with you there, Slot reasonably young, another season to prove himself at Feyenoord, doesn't have to move family, its all very simple.
If he does well he will get another big bucks chance, even more dosh, but if he falls flat on his boat, well we have not missed anything.

Sorry meee! I cannot agree with you there, Slot reasonably young, another season to prove himself at Feyenoord, doesn't have to move family, its all very simple.
If he does well he will get another big bucks chance, even more dosh, but if he falls flat on his boat, well we have not missed anything.
Not to belittle the problems that wealthy people have, but he would have the money that that sort of change wouldn't be that bad. Plus, I always imagine that it's easier to move when the kids are really young than when they become teenagers. Also, there is no language issue as I presume he like practically every Dutch person can speak better English than most English people.

He's essentially turned down a promotion and big wage increase. All on the gamble that he will still be a wanted man in a few years.

He didn't blink at the chance to quickly leave AZ and go to Feyenoord, yet he decided that we weren't right for him. That is a concern that his preference is to stay at only what I presume is the 3rd biggest club in the Netherlands.

How many people turn town the Dutch league for the PL?

We all wish Jansen did.

Not to belittle the problems that wealthy people have, but he would have the money that that sort of change wouldn't be that bad. Plus, I always imagine that it's easier to move when the kids are really young than when they become teenagers. Also, there is no language issue as I presume he like practically every Dutch person can speak better English than most English people.

He's essentially turned down a promotion and big wage increase. All on the gamble that he will still be a wanted man in a few years.

He didn't blink at the chance to quickly leave AZ and go to Feyenoord, yet he decided that we weren't right for him. That is a concern that his preference is to stay at only what I presume is the 3rd biggest club in the Netherlands.
Lets be honest meee, peops do funny things for reasons some of us would not do and also do not understand.

His missus could quite easily of said I don't want to move to England, I love it here! we just do not know!

It so easy to blame Spurs/Levy but there might just be other factors that need to be brought into the equation.

Agree with much of the above. Re Slot.
A chance to raise your stock by winning a second league title, and, actually establishing a team.
CL football, without the pressure of having to win the bloody thing.
Perhaps, Slot is happy with his lot, in Holland
As PY says, happy wife, happy life.
On a personal note I do remember being offered a promotion with in my work, but I hadn't long moved house close to where I worked now, The travel (50 miles) would've added a easily 8 hours to my working week, plus, eat up a lot of the extra money.
So not worth the hassle.
Perhaps Slot is just settled where he is.
We will get a decent manager in.

Status
Not open for further replies.