New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 94 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs' reps weren't even at the meeting, were they? I don't know how they could have walked away without being part of the negotiations? Slot himself he only went in there to discuss an extension and improved terms.

His agent had agreed outline personal terms, he himself under his contract conditions wasn't allowed to speak to anyone without first seeking his clubs permission, after the approach to his boss and his rejection; they were fully prepared and armed with a huge contract increase; he/his agent said 'that'll do' and that was the end of the conversation.

Sorry, when a man shows that lack of ambition, I personally wouldn't waste time on him, that said he's now secured his financial future and for him and his family that will obviously mean a great deal.

Last edited:
Little sly dig from Ryan's presser today:

"We've had two or three different styles of football over the last few years and I don't think that's helpful for any the players, the club or the staff," Mason said.
"I would like people to know what to expect when you see a Tottenham player or anyone that works at the club."

And I for one, would entirely agree; dig or not, he's hit the nail on the head.

And I for one, would entirely agree; dig or not, he's hit the nail on the head.

Yeah.....but it has been for every manager change ever at Spurs. And now Paratici is gone it will happen once again. Hopefully for the last time.

Yeah.....but it has been for every manager change ever at Spurs. And now Paratici is gone it will happen once again. Hopefully for the last time.

Has it really?!

Did you just make that up?

Prove it. Hitting

There is a whole thread we could argue over this just on its own...:hmmm:

Yes, Slot was the one I was betting the farm on. My bet lost.

But I see no reason to as of now be desperate about the situation, and just for the record I was told the short list by an old agent friend who has acted for us many times; but as the club have stated again, there is no one target, not yet at least.
Will you renew your season ticket? It seems very unlikely a new manager will be appointed before the 1st June.

Has it really?!

Did you just make that up?

Prove it. Hitting

There is a whole thread we could argue over this just on its own...:hmmm:

Really? Name one transition that the manager had what he wanted when he arrived. It's never happened in the PL era.

Will you renew your season ticket? It seems very unlikely a new manager will be appointed before the 1st June.

Feck knows. I'll let you know, I think we'll make a good appointment this time - but there is also that nagging doubt at the back of my mind that we're still capable of another 'shit or bust' decision.

I wish I could call which way we will jump, but I don't know Munn, I don't know what if any influence he'll have over the appointment, as sure as eggs are eggs, I feel quite queasy at the thought of it being in this board's hands again...!

Have a good weekend all, I'm off now.

Last edited:
Really? Name one transition that the manager had what he wanted when he arrived. It's never happened in the PL era.

You said "every manager at Spurs" not the rest of the PL! You said nothing about having every player they wanted - this was about playing style, not individuals.

make your case and stop prevaricating.

Right, off now - you know how/where to catch me.

His agent had agreed outline personal terms, he himself under his contract conditions wasn't allowed to speak to anyone without first seeking his clubs permission, after the approach to his boss and his rejection; they were fully prepared and armed with a huge contract increase; he/his agent said 'that'll do' and that was conversation.

Sorry, when a man shows that lack of ambition, I personally wouldn't waste time on him, that said he's now secured his financial future and for him and his family that will obviously mean a great deal.

Perhaps Slot felt he would have more chance of fulfilling his ambitions at Feyenoord rather than us! I for one would not touch us with a bargepole if I was ambitious...we seem to have a reputation as a 'manager wrecker' club at the moment!

We are certainly not an attractive proposition at the moment unless someone wants a fat fee and fat pay off for one season or less!...but no .hope of glory

Last edited:
You said "every manager at Spurs" not the rest of the PL! You said nothing about having every player they wanted - this was about playing style, not individuals.

make your case and stop prevaricating.

Right, off now - you know how/where to catch me.

I said every manager at Spurs in the PL era. Prevaricating? 5 syllables is quite an accomplishment for you. Congrats.

Little sly dig from Ryan's presser today:

"We've had two or three different styles of football over the last few years and I don't think that's helpful for any the players, the club or the staff," Mason said.
"I would like people to know what to expect when you see a Tottenham player or anyone that works at the club."
We do Ryan. We know exactly what to expect. We expect them to bottle it like they always do.

Fastest negotiation and new contract in Dutch football history! Have to say she played a blinder.

She's certainly smiling this morning.

https://www.90min.com/posts/who-is-rafaela-pimenta-agent-representing-erling-haaland-paul-pogba

View attachment 65847

I may be being thick but I really can’t understand why an agent would get her client to sign a contract with Feyenoord which in all likelihood was at a much lesser amount than we would be offering. It makes no sense to me I’m afraid but will be stood corrected!

I may be being thick but I really can’t understand why an agent would get her client to sign a contract with Feyenoord which in all likelihood was at a much lesser amount than we would be offering. It makes no sense to me I’m afraid but will be stood corrected!
There seems to be a suggestion that he wants to give CL a go next season and defend the title so his agent may have been using our reported interest as a way of getting a far better deal to stay than the Dutch league would generally offer.

There seems to be a suggestion that he wants to give CL a go next season and defend the title so his agent may have been using our reported interest as a way of getting a far better deal to stay than the Dutch league would generally offer.

I have no idea what the differential might be TQ but I suspect it is significant, maybe £5m(?) and the CL lure would need to be really significant to lose out on that amount cumulatively.

I wouldn't be in such a rush to leave my homeland either & especially so soon after winning a title. In any case i don't think he'd relish the challenge of tackling Spurs atm. He probably deems it a bit risky after watching the toppling of Maureen & Conte.

Status
Not open for further replies.