New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 93 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or he wasn't interested after negotiations?

Some people can see through Levy and his bs. The sooner he does one and let's Munn get on with things the better. Bet he doesn't though.

LOL! trust you..
Nope that's 100% wrong. She is a very very smart operator and learned from the best, although the way she leaked or her agency leaked to the press will leave a mark on her business.

I think Mason playing 4 at the back is interesting as several remaining Managers favour a 4 at the back solution.

Manager possibilities comes and go. We make dislike Van Nistelrooy as a player but he became a decent young manager at PSV and again may represent a possibility - someone who plays the game the right way, has cut their teeth but also has knowledge of the English game.

Or he wasn't interested after negotiations?

Some people can see through Levy and his bs. The sooner he does one and let's Munn get on with things the better. Bet he doesn't though.
A respected Dutch journalist claims that Slot wanted the move but our side baulked at the compensation they were asking. Slot supposedly has a 5m euro release clause but Feyenoord reckoned that only comes into play next summer and until then they can ask what they like. Our side apparently didn't like that and walked away. That's how he claims it played out anyway.

A respected Dutch journalist claims that Slot wanted the move but our side baulked at the compensation they were asking. Slot supposedly has a 5m euro release clause but Feyenoord reckoned that only comes into play next summer and until then they can ask what they like. Our side apparently didn't like that and walked away. That's how he claims it played out anyway.

Probably somewhere in the middle then, which means both sides of the debate are probably right.

Spurs' reps weren't even at the meeting, were they? I don't know how they could have walked away without being part of the negotiations? Slot himself he only went in there to discuss an extension and improved terms.

Spurs' reps weren't even at the meeting, were they? I don't know how they could have walked away without being part of the negotiations? Slot himself he only went in there to discuss an extension and improved terms.
Walked away is just an expression, doesn't mean we were at the meeting. I'm just reporting it as I heard, clearly I wasn't there myself! :giggle:

Little sly dig from Ryan's presser today:

"We've had two or three different styles of football over the last few years and I don't think that's helpful for any the players, the club or the staff," Mason said.
"I would like people to know what to expect when you see a Tottenham player or anyone that works at the club."

"We've had two or three different styles of football over the last few years and I don't think that's helpful for any the players, the club or the staff," Mason said.
"I would like people to know what to expect when you see a Tottenham player or anyone that works at the club."

Hopefully the last one he does for us!

Ryan and the Committee are doing well with their win ratio....o_O

A few days back you said that you'd seen details of the shortlist of managers as it was then and only one of those would encourage you to renew your season ticket. Was that Slot?

Unless the shortlist has changed there doesn't seem to be much reason for optimism right now.

Yes, Slot was the one I was betting the farm on. My bet lost.

But I see no reason to as of now to be desperate about the situation, and just for the record I was told the short list by an old agent friend who has acted for us many times; but as the club have stated again, there is no one target, not yet at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.