New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 43 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are that Chelsea have cooled on Enrique and have Nagelsman and Poch as top targets. Enrique apparently open to talks with Tottenham. Meanwhile, nobody on VS has voted for Enrique.

Reports are that Chelsea have cooled on Enrique and have Nagelsman and Poch as top targets. Enrique apparently open to talks with Tottenham. Meanwhile, nobody on VS has voted for Enrique.

Nagelsman and Boehly would be an interesting combination, I'm all for that imminent implosion.

Pochettino? Chelsea? I hope so but I don't think it will happen.

Meanwhile, while Twitter and the entire web (us included) are all clutching at straws and coming to our own conclusions, DL is quaffing his fine wine by the pool in the knowledge that he will make a decision in the summer...

So who is leading the manager hunt?

We have a MDOF who is currently banned. We have a CEO who doesn't start till July.

There are reports and podcasts saying Levy is leading the search. Is it a case Fabio and Munn have given Levy a list and he is just leading the chase because they can't legally be involved?

So who is leading the manager hunt?

We have a MDOF who is currently banned. We have a CEO who doesn't start till July.

There are reports and podcasts saying Levy is leading the search. Is it a case Fabio and Munn have given Levy a list and he is just leading the chase because they can't legally be involved?

I'm still struggling to understand what makes Munn qualified to shortlist this manager. His recent decade has been in China and Australia, whilst also working in rugby league, Aussie rules, Olympics etc.

How does he know the credentials of a Nagelsmann from a Kompany from an Enrique any more than us fans do?

I'm still struggling to understand what makes Munn qualified to shortlist this manager. His recent decade has been in China and Australia, whilst also working in rugby league, Aussie rules, Olympics etc.

How does he know the credentials of a Nagelsmann from a Kompany from an Enrique any more than us fans do?

Ya reckon.

Couldn't agree more, I can't even begin to understand it. Maybe they're asking Harry to draw up a short list, get it signed off by the senior players, and then pass it up the chain of command for the negotiation and recruitment process.

Couldn't agree more, I can't even begin to understand it. Maybe they're asking Harry to draw up a short list, get it signed off by the senior players, and then pass it up the chain of command for the negotiation and recruitment process.

lol - I would actually trust an intelligent and considered guy like Hugo to call around his winning French compatriots about the guys on our manager shortlist. That would be good intel.

Harry's 3 brain cells probably thinks Southgate is a good manager.

As long as its not another defensively minded coach I'm not too fussed. I'm still convinced that the majority of our playing personnel can be successful in the right set up and that involves playing in a style that will see us on the front foot and pressing hard.

I wouldn't say no to Poch coming back but I worry it'll end in disaster and his status amongst the faithful in tatters. I also feel like Potter had a very rough deal at Chelsea and would be a good fit for us - but we've definitely exhausted our quota of ex-Chelsea managers. Luis Enqrique would be an interesting option and plays the type of football we've been missing these last 5 years or so. Similar situation with Nagelsman.

On the slightly more risky end of the spectrum we have Kompany. Getting him to reunite with Yaya and potentially bolster the back-room with young coaches with a winning mentality is an exciting idea - but it would be a long term project and a) I honestly can't see a large proportion of our fans settling for us having a few transition seasons and hounding him out before his first season would be up.

At the VERY risky end would be an option of a former Spurs man - similar to how the Scum appointed Arteta and gave him time to nurture. Parker is without a job but hardly noted for his expressive attacking style. Carrick perhaps? Mason as a #2 with Keane and Defoe appointed as striking coaches? Get the old band back together! haha. Whats Younes Kaboul up to these days?

My thoughts from the announcement Mutt. Munn is a trader. My reading is that he is there to "sell" the club. By that I mean to sponsors, investors, part share holders and the like. That stadium and the proposed development is a gold-mine. I doubt very much if he has anything at all to do with on-field/team activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.