New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 45 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but SAJ stop it pretty please, be very careful what you wish for lol!
I clearly stated what I think will happen PY, still do irrespective of the Chelsea stories. No wish involved. I'd wish for Brendan Rodgers, would be happy with Thomas Frank, and would settle for Pochettino ahead of the numerous foreign coaches without PL experience we are linked with.
My biggest regret is that unlike Arsenal and Arteta, City and Kompany, maybe United and Carrick, we do not have a candidate with any affinity for THFC, other than maybe Pochettino.

Someone like Spursex might know the answer to this

Seeing a bit in the media about Mopo parting ways badly with the club

Is this due to his comments about Real/Leaving/not sounding committed

Seriously? Who gives a shit? He’s the ultimate pretender and a lightweight.

Pretty sure the days of this club needing someone like Poch are long past.

Regardless of the opinion of the Perpetual Eeyore's out there, this is one of the most attractive jobs in World football, and is getting more so with the continued improvement in the structure, and well as other clubs showing their weaknesses.

If I were to guess, I'd think the types of guys we'd be looking at are Enrique, Nagelsmann, and Slot. Maybe one other but I havent seen him linked yet. I'd also guess that part of the remit will also be a longer term commitment, prolly 5-6 yrs, and a solid agreement on the footballing direction of the club.

They wont be able to stop the DOF rumors much longer, and that'll be something the new coach will also have to be comfortable with, as if I were to guess, that position is also a permanent cog in the house wheel, for any incoming coaches to be required to work with.

When you sack someone, no matter how close a persoal relationship you have built, there is always going to be a lingering but small feeling of resentment, if not 'unfinished business' - which Poch has said many times.

But if we were serious about Poch, we'd have approached him agent(s) by now, and I'm told we haven't - they seem highly focused on another job.

That's all I've got.

Until the dust settles everywhere, I would still take everything that's written with a pinch of salt; the board/Levy's future is intertwined with senior appointments; the headhunters are still doing their due diligence., until that is done, I can't see any good reason to speculate. I've heard various names who been approached for the MD/DoF role, but it's just talk as they still haven't put forward their shortlist, at least that's what I was told as of yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.