New Manager Thread - 2023 | Page 42 | Vital Football

New Manager Thread - 2023

Is Ange a good appointment as the next Spurs manager?

• No - we should have appointed a pub team manager

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted we are all moderately to supremely pissed off at the moment, but what makes us a clown show?

Any intelligent manager would be looking at Spurs and salivating. 15 million a year to take a club on the cusp of something special from the bottom of the transition process to competing for honours. This is a no lose situation for a manager and a huge opportunity to make a statement on abilities.

This isn't any different in principle from Levy riding TV revenues to where we are now.
Unfortunately 80 Mate,we will forever be on the "Cusp of something special" as long as Levy is here,we will never get over the Finish Line .

I think clown show is a bit strong, but the general point is correct.

Mentioning the wage shouldn't matter, if someone is purely coming for the wage we are in trouble again, one of the few plus points of mopo is that he would want the challenge because he likes the club, now I'm not saying the new manager is paid peanuts but it shouldn't be a major pull

The squad is a complete mess, we need at new spine, a GK/CBs/Midfielders and forwards.

We have to find a way of off loading 10 or so first teamers this summer

Kane is off - which isn't a bad thing, but a new manager will consider this.

Added to that the fan base won't be fully onside or United if you are not mopo/protests against ENIC to sell and will not be patient

It's not that of an attractive job currently, even more so when you add the jobs that are/will be around in the summer.
I don't think Clownshow is a bit strong,Sock Mate, I think it sums us up perfectly,from Levy down to the tea Lady, although that's a bit harsh on the tea Lady.

We all thought that with Paraticis signing and how has that turned out..

Well in my opinion, quite well so far. Another year or so (if he's around) and we will be in good shape.

Conte was the mistake and there is some speculation that Levy was directly responsible for Conte.

Although, to your point, it would be nice to know how the search and hiring process on Munn was conducted.

That rumour won't go away.

He'll interview for every big job out there, especially in England, as he's said many times he wants to manage in The Prem.

He & his team are as professional as it gets, and word is he is looking for a long term deal, 5 yrs or more, to build a title winning team.

Could be a project like Chelsea, with an ownership making Levy look like Sidis, and a squad that will be very difficult to deal with (contracts-wise) over the next years, just might not be the kind of chaos a guy like Enique would want to get involved with.

I would honestly think a project like Southampton would be more attractive than the mess of the Blues.

Well am sad this morning it looks like my fave for the job, VC, has ruled himself out!
I read that in an interview, winning the league, getting Burnley promoted was only the start of a 3-4 year plan that is in place for him.
Quote...we have accomplished the first phase now to push on for the remaining phases!

Oh am sad lol!

Well am sad this morning it looks like my fave for the job, VC, has ruled himself out!
I read that in an interview, winning the league, getting Burnley promoted was only the start of a 3-4 year plan that is in place for him.
Quote...we have accomplished the first phase now to push on for the remaining phases!

Oh am sad lol!

I also read a report yesterday that Slot wants to honour his contract with Feyenoord and therefor is not inclined to join us. If true it is very disappointing. Doesn’t quite correlate to him being interviewed by Leeds earlier in the season so I guess we must continue to wait and see.

Char lady it is then
She starts taking the training next week
I suppose like all things in this 'Funny ol game'
If the money is right, they'll come.
However I do feel that we have our target lined up already.

Well if I had to guess, Gary's practicality would kick in and he would be thinking that nothing is going to change until Munn comes in and the new manager is appointed and the Paratici situation is resolved.

So why get bent out of shape?

Well if I had to guess, Gary's practicality would kick in and he would be thinking that nothing is going to change until Munn comes in and the new manager is appointed and the Paratici situation is resolved.

So why get bent out of shape?

lol - Gary would definitely be talking about the longest 72 days of Levy's tenure when Jose left.

How many days is it now? Twenty-something since Conte departed.

For me, July 1st is always a key date. First day of pre-season, so worst case for a new manager is mid June.

As you say, we should be focusing on Fabio first.

Status
Not open for further replies.