• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno was unknown but went to wolves and is doing a great job

Pepe Mel was unknown and didnt exactly do a cracking job at the Baggies! I'm not saying I dont want someone I dont know of, but it is just as likely to be a disaster as a success. The law of averages should mean we are well overdue a decent appointment

Didn't Moyes turn us down before? He would be in the same style as Bruce and Lambert and for me that is a no. Who was that Swansea manager who got in trouble for inappropriate e-mails?

That list of potential managers is depressing as a whole! Manager betting markets are very thin so really show little, especially at this early stage. 12 months ago Garry Rowett would have been a favourite...says it all really. As some one once said, take a pin.... However what about Chris Wilder?

Moyes will just be another name that splits the fan base again - some will get behind whoever is in charge, the rest will be on his back from day one. Maybe its just a lazy link because he may have known Purslow when he was CEO at Liverpool

If it’s someone that’s readily available like Moyes there won’t be any need for a long delay before announcement. I can’t see it though. They’ve been quick to get rid of scouting and coaching staff in numbers and at the same time talked of a modernisation of approach. That does not smack of Moyse or many others for that matter.

Didn't Moyes turn us down before? He would be in the same style as Bruce and Lambert and for me that is a no. Who was that Swansea manager who got in trouble for inappropriate e-mails?

Malky Mackay is the one you're thinking of I think Wurzel. He was at Cardiff but got the chop and later had emails or texts sent from his club account leaked that revealed him to be a quite unpleasant character. The only job he's had since was Wigan and he failed miserably there.

Latest odds -

Moyes - 5/4
Henry - 7/1
Cook - 10/1
Fonseca - 10/1
Smith - 12/1
Rodgers - 14/1
Alardyce - 16/1
Delaney - 20/1
Arteta - 20/1

25/1 - Bar

What a shocking list.

I'd only take Rodgers or Arteta from that lot.

It's a bit depressing isn't it ?

Paul Cook did a good job at Portsmouth and isn't doing so bad at Wigan , was a decent player as well , but it's probably too soon in his career for the Villa job.

The dream team has to be Razor Ruddock and Jimmy Bullard. Would be a total disaster but at least the pressers would be funny. :whist::lol:

I think Moyes being appointed might just be the thing that finally breaks my spirit as a Villa fan. He's a completely depressing individual.

If these owners are serious about taking us up and returning us to some kind of glory then surely we need someone bigger than a Cook or a Smith... or even a Moyes.

if they want to throw money at us in the Premier league are they really the guys to spend it?

I still dont think the bookies have a clue. If Moyes was nailed on for the role his price would be a lot shorter than it is. They are just wary of being caught out on these markets from inside info and overreact to every bet placed

If these owners are serious about taking us up and returning us to some kind of glory then surely we need someone bigger than a Cook or a Smith... or even a Moyes.

if they want to throw money at us in the Premier league are they really the guys to spend it?

Yes . I agree.

Malky Mackay is the one you're thinking of I think Wurzel. He was at Cardiff but got the chop and later had emails or texts sent from his club account leaked that revealed him to be a quite unpleasant character. The only job he's had since was Wigan and he failed miserably there.

Isn't he the performance director for Scotland now?

I'm crap at picking managers but, looking at that list, I can definitely say I wouldn't want Allerdyce.
Deano, you've left Frank Carrotless off your latest betting list.
I'll get me coat.
Just seen an updated odds list -

Stan Caulimore - 2/1
Leek Clark - 3/1
Savoy Milosevic - 7/2
Robbie Cabbage - 8/1
Sam Saladyce - 12/1
Brussell Slade - 20/1
Jasper Carott - 100/1
Chris Coleslaw 1.99 according to Tesco

Status
Not open for further replies.