• Kent Nielsen

• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these owners are serious about taking us up and returning us to some kind of glory then surely we need someone bigger than a Cook or a Smith... or even a Moyes.

if they want to throw money at us in the Premier league are they really the guys to spend it?

I also think that if Purslow is a big hitter in the world of football CEO's , then the manager will be of equal standing in the managerial world .

According to the press conference with KMac the incoming manager will either be at the game tomorrow or send a scout (If he doesn't fancy the trip to the slums of Bermondsey).

According to the press conference with KMac the incoming manager will either be at the game tomorrow or send a scout (If he doesn't fancy the trip to the slums of Bermondsey).
Or why not just ask KMac who will be there...instead of sending a scout?

Dear god. Give it up Yorkie.

If you really want to be Villa manager go and manage a Walsall or a Crawley first, and if you do well then maybe, just maybe one day you'll get your dream.

Sitting on your arse in Dubai refusing to take anything but the Villa job just isn't going to work I'm afraid chap.

It's odd that he's 47, claims to have his coaching qualifications, yet hasn't had a coaching/managers job since he stopped playing. I wonder what sort of jobs he's applying for? If he even is, other than sending his CV into the Villa!

I don't really like him after the way it went down with Man Utd but am I being too harsh? My memory from the time is that most weren't happy but then he did play for us for 10 years and scored a lot of goals.

He does make some valid points, I'd hear what he has to say at least. I'd be more inclined to agree with what Deano says though, he should be at least doing a coaching, Assistant Managers job or youth manager somewhere first, Gerrard did that, Henry has, Terry probably will, Barton has gone in at a lower level, as has Bowyer, only Lampard hasn't and he has a ridiculously high IQ, which I doubt Dwight has!

When Yorke went to United it didn't bother me at all. Good luck to him.

But I'm 99% sure when he went to Blues he said something derogatory about Villa fans. Something along the lines that he always felt Blues fans were the best in the City.

I might have dreamt it? Anyone else remember that?

Thats basically why I don't like him, so if I've made it up i may need a rethink. lol

When Yorke went to United it didn't bother me at all. Good luck to him.

But I'm 99% sure when he went to Blues he said something derogatory about Villa fans. Something along the lines that he always felt Blues fans were the best in the City.

I might have dreamt it? Anyone else remember that?

Thats basically why I don't like him, so if I've made it up i may need a rethink. lol
I don't remember that but I've just remembered why I don't like him! I wasn't happy he moved but usually don't begrudge a player who takes a step up. I don't like him after he had that lad with Jordan and never sees him.

If he said that about the fans though his CV should be instantly shredded with no feedback pal! 10 good years ruined right there!

Anyone but Moyes a failure everywhere he’s been, yes I know about Everton but he went there and took over the former managers team, made very minor changes and really never set the world on fire

Loved Yorkie when he played for us, he's probably one of my favourite players. His last game for us he made no effort (Everton away I think) then when he scored his first goal at Man U starts kissing the badge and declare life time love for the club. I think that pissed a lot of people off.
He just comes across as being as thick as 2 short planks and I couldnt see a bunch of prima donnas in a dressing room listening to him. Pretty sure he applied via text message last time.

Roberto Martinez has just said in his press conference that there has been no contact with Thierry Henry.

Love listening to Paul Merson talking about Villa.

"Massive club, huge club, any manager would be lucky to get the job" etc...

He thinks sacking Bruce was madness though.

He also said... and this is quite a good point actually...

"If Bruce wasn't the man who had just left, and you are Aston Villa now looking for a manager and Bruce is available... he'd be the man you'd appoint".

He's got a point.... we need a manager who can get us up into the Premiership. Someone with a good record in this division.

Bruce IN!!!
:grinning:

Moyes might be the man to get the club promoted and stabilised in the premiership but, he isn't ever going to be better than a top eight manager.
The bigger the club he manages the worse he does, maybe the extra pressure of unrelenting expectation is what gets to him.

Fonseca has ruled himself out, unsurprisingly. As will a few other top line managers.
A Dean Smith or Mark Warburton are the type of manager we need at present. Managers who can work on a limited budget while building a philosophy into a club.
Once promoted and stabilised in the premiership is the time to be thinking of managers like Fonseca.

Status
Not open for further replies.