• Kent Nielsen

• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody who wins most of the games in an entertaining manner, so someone in the Fat Sam mould would do.

Only Joking.

Rodgers ticks every box for me.

Pretty sure we could tempt him, but I'm not convinced the new owners want him... all the talk seems to be around a new exotic manager from the Mendes stable.

Could all be paper talk though. Have the Mendes links ever been confirmed?

Not sure over Rodgers time at the bin dippers and at Swansea tbh - did he have everything set up for him by Martinez?

Terry is a free agent. Would he come, after his links with Bruce? I would hope he would apply straight away.

When he was at Liverpool, he had Courtinho and Suarez..... What did he win?

Thats a little unfair though, as had it not been for Steven Gerrard slipping over they'd have won the Premier League for the 1st time in their history. Fine margins.

Indeed he did actually win the LMA Manager of the Year award that season, so although Gerrard cost him the biggy his performance was recognised.

As for Swansea, he got them promoted to the top flight for the first time in their history and also kept them up easily, finishing 12th and still playing nice football.

Even at Celtic... no mater how easy that job is, nobody had ever won back to back trebles before... until him.

Tom Ross saying on Talksport this morning that Mendes will be involved with the appointment. If that is the case it is likely to be some Portuguese guy we have never heard of.
Cant see any way Fonseca would come here - Shakhtar are a very wealthy club who play in the Champions league every season. He would probably have bigger ambitions than the Championship

I would like Eddie Howe but he's still working on his Bournemouth project and they are going to move to a new and bigger ground which is what he has been crying out for now for a long time so I think it would be a very difficult job to prise him away from the club. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44111187

Failing that I agree Bredon Rodgers would be an attractive consideration and he would be far more used to working under stress at a big club with big demands rather than Dean Smith who I think in a short time would be overwhelmed by it all?

It's an all-round lottery really so good luck to whoever takes the job on.

Would Rodgers really leave Celtic though. Surely he wouldnt walk while they are having a bit of a wobble. They will more than likely win the title again this season and he can then leave in the Summer with his head held high.

Would Rodgers really leave Celtic though. Surely he wouldnt walk while they are having a bit of a wobble. They will more than likely win the title again this season and he can then leave in the Summer with his head held high.

Yes, I agree, I can't see Rodgers leaving Celtic this season because he has work to do on his reputation after the worst Celtic start to a season for a very long time.

He looks completely disheartened with the job at the moment.

I suppose once you've won everything there is to win... twice, it gets a bit boring.

With them already out of the Champions league i can't see any reason for him to stay unless he was going to stay another 2 years and give that another shot next season.

I think he'd still leave with his head held high. A poor start to this season wouldn't overshadow everything he's won there.

Surprised Rafa Benitez isn't on the list. Out of all the "experienced" managers I would pick him . Got to be fed up at Newcastle and the prospect of getting us up and then having £'s to spend must be appealing to him.

Reactions: wal
Status
Not open for further replies.