• Oscar Garcia

• Quique Sanchez Flores

• Slaven Bilic

• Rafa Benitez

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce and his coaches were entirely the problem

The Merson point is valid only if you choose to ignore the last 3 seasons and 100 odd games of failure I guess.
Few more days and Bruce will actually be a managerial genius who's been hard done to

100 games of failure?

Lets not be daft here... his win ratio overall was excellent.

His last 10-12 games were his downfall but overall... 100 games of failure? Give over.

Well we've sacked Bruce without any form of replacement lined up or plan it seems. Names like Moyes warburton fat Sam and Smith are just depressing . Dark days ahead

Well at least you're lucky enough to be privy to this inside information that no one at the club has any kind of plan. And seeing as the names you've mentioned are always bandied about by the press whenever a championship team needs a manager I'll be ignoring them personally.

If you genuinely think that it would have been anything other than total stupidity to allow Bruce to carry on after Tuesday nights game then fair play to you as you're obviously someone with the patience of a Saint. If he'd still been here for the Millwall game it would have been complete carnage down there with the whole away section barracking him all game.

I wasn't there Tuesday but seems we were close to winning. Chester red very harsh ? Which turned the game . And a missed pen at the death - how Is that Bruce's fault ?

I wasn't there Tuesday but seems we were close to winning. Chester red very harsh ? Which turned the game . And a missed pen at the death - how Is that Bruce's fault ?

Mate we were seriously close to losing 3-2 at home the the bottom side after being 2 nil up and cruising , ended up with no strikers 4 right backs and a 3rd choice keeper . It was a joke and he almost fluked another 97th minute winner but this time there was no get out of jail.
He lost the plot lets move on

I was there sillhill and I'll ask you the question that I asked my dad after the game.

What manager whose team is 2 up at half time vs the worst team in the league who have shown no threat whatsoever sends his team out for the second half and has them sit deep in an attempt to keep it tight? He basically surrendered the initiative to Preston. Read the match thread, most agreed that it was only a matter of time before they scored, penalty or no penalty.

I was there sillhill and I'll ask you the question that I asked my dad after the game.

What manager whose team is 2 up at half time vs the worst team in the league who have shown no threat whatsoever sends his team out for the second half and has them sit deep in an attempt to keep it tight? He basically surrendered the initiative to Preston. Read the match thread, most agreed that it was only a matter of time before they scored, penalty or no penalty.
Fair enough. Fine margins though I guess. If the pen and red weren't given , we win comfortably??

There are clearly people who were happy with Steve Bruce up until 10 games ago, I am definitely not one. We have been at best mediocre since beating Wolves and although on a winning streak before that, rarely did we go into games expecting a win and an entertaining performance. To become a force again, we need to expect and demand better.

If the next manager does not improve on Bruces's record, he should be sacked. And so on and so on until the right combination of manager and players are found.

I said when we were relegated that it could take a long time and was ridiculed by some. I hope I'm wrong but we have no more right to success than anyone else. Our fanbase and infrastructure should give us an advantage in attracting the right personnel, although I actually think it can work against us.

Time will tell.

100 games of failure?

Lets not be daft here... his win ratio overall was excellent.

His last 10-12 games were his downfall but overall... 100 games of failure? Give over.

100 odd games - failed to get promotion
brilliant - he was able to achieve an excellent win ratio but not quite good enough to better top drawer managers like erm Neil Warnock.

Even the 'best home' record isn't quite all that - did we have the best home record in the championship last year - nope Wolves & Cardiff better
how about the part season before - not a chance.
but in fairness we did achieve the best home record in the championship for those teams not good enough to be promoted - quite the accolade.

anyway lets see how bad the next one is and we can look back fondly on the golden Brucie era

Fact is, Bruce has been the best manager at the club since MON . We could easily go through 3 or 4 more desperate appointments now like RDM , Sherwood, Garde.
Back to square one we go.

Tinker man for me. Those voting for Dean Smith are you the same lot who chanted “Paul Lambert’s claret and blue army” at Norwich at the last game of the season, few seasons back. If you are please keep away from sharp objects ???

Fact is, Bruce has been the best manager at the club since MON . We could easily go through 3 or 4 more desperate appointments now like RDM , Sherwood, Garde.
Back to square one we go.

No, Bruce is the one who has left us in a mess. Are we really any better off in terms of our promotion objective than when he arrived, if so what are you worried about? He wasn't doing a good enough job to achieve the clubs goal.

We certainly did a month ago. Recent results.. maybe not any more, but Villa Park has been a fortress since Bruce took over, no doubt.

I hope this is tongue in cheek because fortress is what we have definitely not been. There are lies etc. etc. The fact is we have struggled to play any kind of decent football in the whole time he was here counting the good performances on one hand. And this despite buying in 20 players, many of them not good enough to be given playing time by the very bloke who bought them!
What’s worrying me more at the moment is that we could be getting in someone even worse.

Prior to Bruce we'd only won 3 games in 25 home games.

That turn around is nothing short of remarkable.

One minute you're going to games knowing you are going to lose.

Bruce takes over.

The next minute we are going to games knowing we are not going to lose.

You can't argue with facts I'm afraid

Status
Not open for further replies.