New Kit | Page 15 | Vital Football

New Kit

Ok,I’ve now slept on this!
Is it that bad,probably not-is it retro no and as just pointed out not everyone is 104.
I showed the kit to my 8yr old who likes it,and feel that this kit does have the child friendly look and I feel that the fairer sex will also like the look! It’s done now and yes I think it has grown on me,although I am intrigued what the away will be like? UTI!

We’ve also gone from having a University based in Lincoln as main club sponsor to an asbestos disposal company owned by a Codhead. Anybody arsed about that?

Money talks-

It’s not a betting company-as some deem unfit.
I’m sure it’s good for the environment
But as you have stated somebody will get there knickers in a twist because of the Grimsby connection!

Money talks-

It’s not a betting company-as some deem unfit.
I’m sure it’s good for the environment
But as you have stated somebody will get there knickers in a twist because of the Grimsby connection!

I agree money does talk - in reduced shirt sales and potentially in reduced sponsorship opportunities from genuinely Lincoln-based companies? Are the club in danger of killing the golden goose? We’ve heard a lot of corporate management bullshit about the club being at the heart of the community etc - if that’s true (and I’m a soft old lefty so I do think there is something in that) then they’ve not really followed that through with the main club sponsor.

I can see most peoples point regarding the kit and wanting us in a more traditional red and white stripes shirt but considering the average age on here is probably a 104 (slight exageration) it would interesting to get a sample of views from 'younger' and junior supporters to see what they think.

Have you seen the Twitter response? Twitter is Twitter but the feedback is overwhelmingly negative.

Having not made a knee jerk reaction I am not still overly enthused but it's alright I suppose! It could have been a lot worse like these particular efforts.

1529482103463.png

1529482132318.png
1529482182008.png
1529482215248.png

Having said that I don't think I will be purchasing one and I will be sticking with last seasons even though it makes me look like a red and white striped shrink wrapped whale :LOL:

I suppose on the plus side, many people take a year out with shirt-buying and after our recent upsurge in support, shirt sales may have reached a saturation point. Now is the perfect year to give the wallet/purse a break! :lol:

Nope, way too 'busy' for me and the neckline is just ewwww. Does this mean we get a cracking away strip as compensation?

Definitely MUCH better than those howlers above. Straightforward red and white stripes with a bit of tarting up on the white stripes. From a distance, THAT won't show up.

Don't like the shirt sponsors at all though. I think we are big enough now to attract a known name at least.

Wasn't keen the kit in 97/98 ( two red stripes and white shorts!) but we went up.
Haven't bought a shirt in years as my personal opinion they're for the younger fans and I'm an old bugger lol!!!
Much prefer a polo shirt these days with the club badge on

I can see most peoples point regarding the kit and wanting us in a more traditional red and white stripes shirt but considering the average age on here is probably a 104 (slight exageration) it would interesting to get a sample of views from 'younger' and junior supporters to see what they think.

My lads are 24 and 22, they hate it and think it looks cheap and nasty. They are sticking with last season's home shirt.

My kids aged 12, 15, 17, 20 and 28 all hate it. Mind you, they're fancy London types...