New Kit | Page 25 | Vital Football

New Kit

There was that infamous match at the Dell where Man U played in grey [3rd strip if memory serves] and they got hammered. Fergy attributed some of the blame to the strip, he claimed players were saying it was not easy to pick out fellow team mates!

Wasnt our 2-2 draw down there in the League Cup the week after that game, or have I made that up?!

Southampton did beat manure the Saturday before we played but I think it was 3-1 not the game they let 6 in?!

I was hoping the new kit design would grow on me when I first saw it in June. Its now August and its not happening. The chevrons ruin it for me.

Most people speak to about it say its the chevrons that spoil it for them too.
One of mates wondered if Danny has asked for them and there's something physiological about them to gain us that extra 1%???
Told him he was bonkers but you never know with Danny!

In my old fashioned view, kits should be bright to the eye whereas the officials (so as not to take centre stage) should wear black.

Could it be a clever DC ploy? The chevron is not popular with Imps fans overall but think what effect it might have on the oposition's vision, trying to consentrate on football whilst watching 11 of them darting about.

Southampton did beat manure the Saturday before we played but I think it was 3-1 not the game they let 6 in?!

The 3-1 WAS the game they changed the grey shirts at half time. Not the 6-3. Man U wore blue and white the whole game in the 6-3 game.

It's obvious Ferguson used the grey kit as an excuse. Cool your heel, guys.