Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Modesto & Anigo OUT!! (?)

You have to remember that the relegated teams have most of their best players bought by their rivals. Many also have numerous players on loan. History shows they either bounce back within two seasons, WBA, Villa or really struggle, Sunderland, Huddersfield, Stoke.

If Villa come down they will have a financial penalty, West Ham the old Olympic Stadium around their neck, Bournemouth, well Howe and the Wilsons will go as will all their loanee’s. Watford, could bounce back but could go the other way. Watford are the most likely to hold their own but they do not frighten teams.

WBA v Newcastle in cup may indicate the strength of premiership. I don’t fear any of possible relegation

Thats why I have been watching the progress on the new main stand. It is absolutely crucial to the future of the club. If planning is turned down I think we can say goodbye to a decent owner, get it built and we have a decent owner on board for the long term. To be honest it has surprised me from day 1 of the announcement the apparent lack of interest about it on here.

It’s a very comfortable, modern, all facilities stadium, that doesn’t require modification from an armchair.

Thats why I have been watching the progress on the new main stand. It is absolutely crucial to the future of the club. If planning is turned down I think we can say goodbye to a decent owner, get it built and we have a decent owner on board for the long term. To be honest it has surprised me from day 1 of the announcement the apparent lack of interest about it on here.

No planning permission and can kiss goodbye to the club ever having any hope of ever achieving anything again.

At least then we can stop pretending and expectation levels will eventually fall in line with the realisation that we will have become a nothing club.

How exactly do you think it's crucial? We've had this discussion before and you had no idea about revenue.

So no Grabban, No Sow and no Ameobi - Costa is a sick note

No doubt we will pick up a few more injuries against the Cardiff cloggers

Fucking brilliant recruitment over January will see us through this bad patch we are going through...not

What a waste of a promising season

You never know we might get another chance in 10 years or so after going through another maybe 15 managers?

It’s not crucial as far as revenue goes, be it helpful. It’s more psychological. Biggest ground in EM. Plush dressing room. New stadium, new era. Welcome to new CG. They are intangible but they do make a difference. If handled correctly and linked to some player investment. Big step. Time will tell.

maybe SL has shown his limitations as a coach and now need a manager. no progress in final third all season isnt good enough

Arguably worse than last season - The table tells a different story
Better with Fawaz? - I don't recall hearing about wages or bills not being paid

Is this seriously your opinion?

he bought in players the fans wanted. credit where its due, its all relative. i think his good signings were better, even signings like clough excited us more than most the unwanted dross we have now.
under these idiots we got rid of better than weve bought overall. gimmee colback, tomlin, ozzie and some strikers over 10 of this current squad . we have a good back 5 and thats it.

im not sure table is much different. we were in the mix last year, finished like 8th not 18th. we only had to improve 2 or 3 spots. right now we could finish higher or lower than that

We've clearly been looking at recruitment not just for immediate first team usage, so - there appears a longer term plan.

There will always be transfers that don't work out, for a multitude of reasons - Da Costa could prove an astute signing, but he was known to have had injury problems this season - which, makes you question that acquisition.

Tyler being recalled was ok by me.

It's wrong to judge Bong & Jenkinson given their limited game time.

We don't know the financial situation but I have a feeling that we just weren't in a position to spend big money, perhaps we could be in the summer when numerous contracts expire?

As it stands, we are doing better than I'd hoped - especially after losing on the opening day.
sometimes less is more, weve seen about 20 players through the door n weve got a cple of decent players out of it. its blatantly wasting money!

It’s not crucial as far as revenue goes, be it helpful. It’s more psychological. Biggest ground in EM. Plush dressing room. New stadium, new era. Welcome to new CG. They are intangible but they do make a difference. If handled correctly and linked to some player investment. Big step. Time will tell.
bournemouth get like 10k supporters and have no facilities. its little to do with success on the pitch. 11 good players does that and are therefore the cash generators. when this clueless lot grasp that element we may progress. 500k people aint watching shitty Olympiacos!

So no Grabban, No Sow and no Ameobi - Costa is a sick note

No doubt we will pick up a few more injuries against the Cardiff cloggers

Fucking brilliant recruitment over January will see us through this bad patch we are going through...not

What a waste of a promising season

You never know we might get another chance in 10 years or so after going through another maybe 15 managers?

This.

he bought in players the fans wanted. credit where its due, its all relative. i think his good signings were better, even signings like clough excited us more than most the unwanted dross we have now.
under these idiots we got rid of better than weve bought overall. gimmee colback, tomlin, ozzie and some strikers over 10 of this current squad . we have a good back 5 and thats it.

im not sure table is much different. we were in the mix last year, finished like 8th not 18th. we only had to improve 2 or 3 spots. right now we could finish higher or lower than that

It's almost as if players like Britt or MA were not signed by Fawaz

Funnily enough that is exactly what we needed this season

We had two windows to get it done

Fawaz would have done it in one

It's almost as if players like Britt or MA were not signed by Fawaz

Funnily enough that is exactly what we needed this season

We had two windows to get it done

Fawaz would have done it in one

Maybe we should ask Fawaz to come back to head the recruitment team?

At his best, much better. At his worst, possibly slightly worse.

Fawaz cops the stick for selling Burke & signing players, but the host of poor imported flakes which arrived to "replace" him reaks of EM's mits. Which was funnily enough when EM started getting involved with Fazza.

It wouldn't surprise me looking at the quality of some players signed if people involved with the responsibility of signing players are in with cahoots with agents and on 'the take' for certain successful transfers negotiated.

Anyway, as a club we have a 'long, proud history' of this. BC's brown envelopes, Billy having relatives as players agents and negotiating contracts etc, etc.

Possibly, I think we're moving in the right direction and can't see us being frivolous - just building on the squad we have.

Lamouchi is the key, we need him to have his contract extended because he will be crucial with regard to the decisions for acquisition/disposals.

Muric, Bostock, Semedo, Diakhaby will all be returned to their parent clubs. Adomah released?

Watson & Ameobi may well be offered contract extensions.

Dawson, Clough, Loony, Pants, Bridcutt & Steele will all be off the payroll too.

Yet another busy summer ahead, but Lamouchi contract has to be the current priority!

Yes i think one or two have had a bit of a knee jerk but perhaps forget that there must be out goings as well. It is frustrating to see such a wide open league but surely better to stick with timelines and plans they have made.

We are doing better on the pitch, we are getting a new stand and we appear to have a rational plan to build us up. Better off with fookwas? Ridiculous. Have said quite a few times now is not a time to be too moany imo