Membership 2019/20 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Membership 2019/20

Nor will I - its just a kick in the teeth to those of us who have supported City for decades.

I have paid a total of £180 for two discounted home memberships and two away memberships. As a West Midlands exile, I can go to an equal number of aways and homes and those who know me on this site, know that I have. With reduced working days starting September, I hoped to get to more matches, but right now I expect to get to bugger all games. I don’t want to become an “armchair fan” but please don’t blame me if I do.

I am 60 and still work a 90 hour week.
The only time I take off is to watch Norwich and England cricket games.
If I want to get to a few away games to break up my constant work I had to give myself the best and looks like only opportunity, so our travelling group of 3 all bought away premier memberships and will do our best to get tickets for the games we have selected.

Also bought a home and away premier membership and I’m beginning to wonder just how many games I will actually get tickets for. Tried to get tickets on Monday morning for Newcastle game, queued for 30 mins to find it had sold out.

Lots of premier members left disappointed over the Liverpool game as well.

It really has been a massive balls up by the club. I actually want my money back now and it’s a hopeless situation. £90 for the privilege of having a 0.003% chance of getting a ticket.

It is human nature to look only after ourselves and the club is nurturing that that by making us pay big money and letting us us fight over the tickets that are available . They know we will fight one another for tickets and pay anything as we love our club . I feel grieved that fans have had to pay £100 for the privilege of scrapping for tickets . I also believe that if we could have found a way for us all to stick together and refuse to pay the rip off fee and get involved in scrums for tickets then a better way forward could have been found

There was a way forwards that the club refused to entertain .It was one based on loyalty and sharing tickets round .... similar to the 2004/5 season when for home games Members were guaranteed to be able to attend 3 games , and away tickets allocated on how many aways you went to the previous season. But of course there was no money grabbing in that system and it actually meant the ticket office doing a bit of work , but we can’t have that can we ?

As I have stated before , I will have no part of this unfair and money grabbing system , although the end result of that looks like I will be unable to go to any aways at all . The very best of luck to you all in the fight to get tickets for the games you wish to go to.

The odd thing is that it is not about the money as the club cannot be desperate
for 6000 x £ 50 ( £ 300 k ) plus the home membership income as it is peanuts compared with multi million premier league income and associated deals.

The sad thing is that they have decided to change a system that was not unfair to change it to one which not only does not reward loyalty but actually punishes it.

It is same for everything.
As stated before I have followed England cricket team a lot over past year but
not a sniff of a world cup ticket.
Now a friend / client of mine has just said he has a free corporate ticket for day at Lords for an ashes test day. Corporate stop real fans even getting a chance of a ticket. I am desperate to go.
My brother and I am about to book for South Africa tour and as with Sri Lanka last year all tickets are with an agency and are £ 50 + a game whilst when you get the price will be a tenner at most.

Real fans are kept away from games and if getting a chance to go are ripped off.

Club kept very quiet about that.
I suppose the capacity minus how many are sold game by game ( 3000 ? )
and away ( 2500 ? ) 27244 minus 5500 = 21744 .
21500 rings a bell.

I think Kensell said in his interview that there are 22,000 ST holders . If NC allow about 3000 seats for away fans , I guess everyone else who is not a ST holder is left scrapping for about 1600 seats . Not very good if there are 6000 Premier Members for home games . I have never heard that there has been a cap , so I can only presume the club is still ripping fans off for £50 while the chance of getting a ticket dwindles with every new Premier Home Membership sold

A friend of mine, who I travel to aways with, said that he received an email that they had actually capped the away membership already, it’s been capped at 3000 I believe.

A friend of mine, who I travel to aways with, said that he received an email that they had actually capped the away membership already, it’s been capped at 3000 I believe.

If that is the case then each away member should have been able to buy one Liverpool away ticket each? I don't think that is the case.

In the Liverpool tickets thread on another website a poster claimed that 6,000 were chasing 2,000 tickets.......time for the club to show some transparency otherwise I think the AGM is going to be
interesting! :blah:

Last edited: