Membership 2019/20 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Membership 2019/20

Chelsea tickets go on sale on Monday. I am travelling to Gorleston on Sunday for a family funeral so it should be a right laugh trying to get tickets using dodgy internet in hotel room. Right now I am trying to come up with a plan B or even C. The irony is that I am staying in an apartment literally right next to the ground and I may be listening to the crowd whilst trying to get a live feed. Does anybody know of any pubs showing BT sports?

After reading this thread I really feel for those who have bought their memberships and havent had a look-in

NCFC HAVE to do something better than a phone lottery as some fans now know the lie of the land and realise they havent got a hope in hell.

Seems to me that to share the pathetic number of tickets around, in this day and age of fast computrers and algorithms, this should happen

1) All those who were successful for the first home match tickets, NCFC KNOW who they are. They are specifically EXCLUDED from buying tickets in the first round availability of the next home match.

2) Those members who were not successful in the forst match are prioritised for first choice of tickets in the next match.

3) If any are left after this second match first round (specific time limit set ) AND there have not been any available for the second level membership in the previous match, the balance are first made available to the second level membership. If any are left aftert his the first match ticketed fans can claim the rest.

4) If after 2 matches NO tickets have been made available for the second level membership, they get first priority for the third match.

The the process repeats.

Basically you get to go to a City home match 1 in three, possibly 2 in 3 on occassions

There's going to be a riot either way, its already started, but at least there's more of a CHANCE to get a ticket sometime.

It might not be liked, but then the current system isnt anyhow.

The death of seeing all Citys games for non-season ticket holders has occurred.

The death of the casual spur of the minute fan has occurred

The death of the fan who has bought memberships and has no chance whatsoever is upon us.

The expats chances have been annihalated.

I expect NCFCwill conjure up an excuse as not possible, but thats crap as it done elsewhere in other industries and sports quite successfully.

Pathetic Kensell pathetic

If they had prioritised members from last year and capped the number of memberships they sold, that would have helped. Sadly it will be pot luck.

I have never not been able to get a home ticket logging on at 9am but I think Monday may be the first time.

I don't understand why anyone would have bought the standard membership, it was clear even with Premier membership it would be a long shot at gaining tickets. Pretty much the Premier membership is a £50.00 raffle ticket. I put the blame on the club as a whole and not just Kensell as he is there to do a job and that job is to make us money, if he did any less he wouldn't be doing his job. The club should have long before now invested in more seating so that supply was not so far behind the demand - when we went up under Paul Lambert it was promised a new stand to eradicate this problem would be built should we survive to a third season, which we did, but it didn't happen. Every single time we get promoted this problem arises. It seems worse this time because of the ill-timed change of membership scheme but let's not forget that the actual problem is we have more fans wanting to attend games than seating - finding a balance over which fans we allow in doesn't solve the problem and any decision on membership schemes will still mean many wont be able to go. As DG has confirmed in previous post it would cost around 35 million to have this new stand in place - we should be able to afford that even being a self sustained club - for most clubs even our size that is a single transfer. Surely we could have spent about 70% of that this window realistically if we wanted to. This problem is not going to go away until the club realise where the problem lies.

Spot on Nathan.
We have all forgotten about the cause of ticket shortage whilst looking for schemes on how to make distribution fairer.

The away ticket issue is a different problem.
City will be issued with a number of tickets for each game and they have made a terrible decision to go with an awful scheme.

I did a dummy run this morning as Liverpool tickets went on sale at 9 am for priority members. I maybe could have got 3 but do not qualify as not a priority member. There was a 6 minute wait to get on the site and that is just for 750 maximum fans, all of who will get tickets anyway.
However I will do another test tomorrow at 9 am when 6000 fans are all eligible. Its not looking good !

Agreed .... we are looking at a Board here that has no vision or plans for the future and have not realised that that future is now upon us .

BUT ..... we are faced with demand outstripping supply and there is no doubt that the clubs system is totally unfair and needs to be changed . At the moment the ones who will get tickets are those who pay to get to the front of the queue and those of them who are lucky enough to have access to a phone and/or internet at 9am on ticket release day . It is all so unfair as Northern has found out to his cost ,and as the season progresses others will find out .

I stand by my principles and will have no part of this unfair and rip off system

Last edited:
FFL ..... contacted NY about your tickets , but when he failed to get one through the club he booked a weekend away elsewhere before he knew of yours ! C’est la vie !

A lesson to be learnt here by Norwich City ....

If you rob fans of £50 and they don’t get tickets , then those fans will go elsewhere and maybe not return when they could be needed in the future !

Last edited:
Yet when tickets available.. no interest on here, my seats wont stay empty however.
I am on holiday in Italy for Newcastle match. If anybody can’t attend Chelsea on 24th, please let me know before Monday before I enter into ticket scrap!

Queues outside the ground this morning for Liverpool tickets !

Wasn’t so long ago the club were begging fans to go to Wigan

Forgot to do my research at 9.00 as late start this morning but
just went on canaries web site. 28 mins wait to get in line for tickets.

6000 Premier Members ? Just under 3000 got tickets , so over 3000 bitterly disappointed fans despite paying the rip off £50

I wonder how many of the fans who failed to get tickets are proudly wearing their Premier Member lapel badge this morning ? You know.... the one that came in that lovely Membership pack that was sent out along with a key ring and a thin scarf .

Yup ....paid his rip off £50 for Home Membership , and by the time he got to the front of queue it was sold out

Community club my **** !

Does anybody know the answers to any of the following questions:
a) What was / were the problem(s) the club was trying to solve with the new scheme?

b) Which groups were consulted and who do they represent?

c) Did anybody represent the season ticket holders?

d) How many of the Home Premier Memberships were sold?

e) How many of the Away Premier Memberships were sold?

f) Standard member ship - is it differentiated between home and away? Cost £15?

Last edited:
Community club my **** !

Does anybody know the answers to any of the following questions:
a) What was / were the problem(s) the club was trying to solve with the new scheme?
No problems at all except plastics could not get tickets.

b) Which groups were consulted and who do they represent?
NONE 7 individual fans

c) Did anybody represent the season ticket holders?
Not en masse otherwise the scheme that is totally against
ST holders would not have been agreed.

d) How many of the Home Premier Memberships were sold?
Not announced.

e) How many of the Away Premier Memberships were sold?
6000 in total. Not sure how many standard in that figure.

f) Standard member ship - is it differentiated between home and away? Cost £15?
Yes I believe so but there was a discount for former members.