Membership 2019/20 | Vital Football

Membership 2019/20

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
Just seen the whatsapp membership pricing, £50 adult and junior for premier membership, this brings opportunity to purchase tickets in the 1st window, or £35 adult/junior for a standard membership which allows 2nd window purchases. Seems steep to me with no junior discount which is disappointing.

There actual match tickets are being capped at £30 for home games which is fair on the flip side.

What are your thoughts guys......

It is a steep increase in my opinion, but I think it is trying to discourage plastic fans from trying to get first dibs on tickets, although they will probably find a way. Mind you with home tickets capped at £30 and if you can afford the initial outlay and get to a few home games, it probably works out OK.

Current members get a £10 discount on Premier or Standard so Standard can still be renewed for £25 same as last year.

I renewed ours at Premiership rate, which cost me £40 per membership plus £1.50 booking fee. To be honest, I think that is the only membership to stand a chance of getting a ticket.

It appears fair to me.
However there has to be a way of stopping plastics watching their pretend supported away team as these glory hunters usually only watch one game a season and £ 80 would be cheap compared to the outlay of proper supporters.

Correction. If for away games this is not fair.

Last edited:
Have I read it right that for the £50 membership you get first dibs on away tickets?
You have to buy an away membership to get first dibs on tickets and you can only buy the premium away membership if you did 10 aways last season. That's my understanding of it anyway.

An utter disgrace . £50 just to get in a queue . It doesn’t even guarantee you a ticket . If it was any other industry you wouldn’t do it . It’s a great shame that the club have decided that now they are in the big time they can rip us off . Not good enough IMO .

Listening to Ben Kensall on Radio Norfolk, he said there were around 22,000 season tickets, which left 1500 for casual sale. If there is a ground capacity of around 26000, presumably the rest are for the away fans?

Bears. I got a £10 discount on my Membership so it only cost me £40 for Premier Membership. Bargain when you think that doesn't even mean I am guaranteed a ticket with only 1500 going on sale each home match.

I am slightly confused by the away ticket situation. Am I right in thinking that you only have priority for away matches if you were an away season ticket holder or attended 10 or more aways last season?

I have bought Premier Membership so are Premier members second in queue for away tickets?

So if you are a season ticket holder, who is a non away STH and didn't go to 10 away matches , you have to buy Premier membership to get to Window 2? Currently season ticket holders are in Window 3 behind Premier Membership holders.

Sorry if I am being a bit slow.

Sminky.
I have just read it and that is what I have deducted from the revised away ticket
policy. That is not good for me as an ST holder who only usually does about
5 aways each season. Apart from having forked out £ 550 in February for a ST
( 15 months ahead of last game ) and not even knowing what league we would be in I now have to fork out another £ 50 to have any chance of an away ticket.

Its a totally unfair system to me as having had a ST for about 50 years and been to about 5 / 8 aways a season on average I will have same chance of getting an away ticket as someone who has never been to a Norwich match before.

If not a ST holder do you have to buy 2 memberships.
One for home and one for away.

I have just logged onto site and I think you have to buy an away season whoever you are. regardless of whether you are a season ticket holder or not. If you went to 10 or more aways last season you still get priority over other supporters, but have to pay 50 quid to do so. I think anybody else can buy a Premium away membership for 50 quid but will only be second in the queue by which time they would probably have sold out.

I bought mine this morning.

The Premier home season ticket does not get you priority for away tickets. I think you have to buy a separate away membership.
Ok that clears that up, so ill need to buy a home and away membership for me, my son and father in law ffs! ??

I am very annoyed.
The club have responded to criticism on social media by saying fans do not like change and it is fair.
The fact that a person who has never seen a City game before gets same chance as a ST holder with many away games under their belt is totally unfair.

It does smell of PC ! I am a big England cricket fan. Over the past year I have been to Trent Bridge 3 times, Sri Lanka to see 3 games and more recently Dublin yet
did not get a ticket for one of the 9 world cup games. The ECB wanted to give priority to women, children, families and overseas fans.

Very hacked off today.

As I have already stated this is an utter disgrace by the club . If you went to every home game last season and did (say) 8 or 9aways you will now have to pay £50 to go in a second window , so may not even get get a ticket . What a joke .

Also the club have proudly stated that no ticket home or away will be more than £30 . This is blatant lie as you have to take in the Membership cost as well. So the average exile may do (say) 7 home games , so the cost per ticket is actually £37.14p. It’s the same for aways if you do 7aways .

A disgusting rip off by the club , and I guess all these THOUSANDS of £50’s the club is going to collect will do very nicely for them .

Shame on you Norwich City for ripping off your loyal fans

I would not be too bothered about the £ 50 if it helped to get an advantage but it does not. I will have spent £ 600 in advance of season commencing and still not be
guaranteed any advantage of getting an away ticket.

I think the club said there were 7000 members last year.
There will be a lot more this year as many ST holders will get them and fans without ST 's will need to get 2.

Lets say there will be 10 k at an average of £ 40 .
Are the club desperate for £ 400, 000 / That is small compared to the riches of the greedy premier league but £ 100 is a lot for an ordinary working fan.

So basically if i just go for membership for me and my 11yo son to stand a chance of a ticket for any home/away games its going to cost me £160+ handling fee.......