Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Yet another half of mind numbingly boring stuff from the Imps. We've signed a fusball coach who sees no problem with our centre backs hoofing the ball out of play or straight to an opposition player. Apparently we have no players capable of showing any composure or technical skill.

One highlight with Duffy's good effort, so he'll probably be substituted as a result.

As I feared there's still no creativity and always ineptness at the back at least once or twice a game. We really need some inspiration or we'll be firmly in the relegation mix by the end of the month.

I missed the first 5-10 minutes, but from all I’ve heard, it sounds like we’ve been pretty poor so far!

Obviously with a few new faces will take some time to gel, just hope it doesn’t take too long otherwise any new found confidence will quickly drain.

I wasn’t expecting the two new front players to produce an
Immediate turnaround but I was expecting some signs of a playing or tactical system.

Sad to say I see neither so far. Just 11 players who seem to have little idea what their role is.

I find it hard to believe that our training sessions since NYD have consisted of aimless long balls to the opposition.

Taylor and Draper are visibly frustrated, and I can completely understand.

If the aim is to get the ball behind their defence, then that makes sense to a degree - but, there has been absolutely zero quality in that regard.

Did Skubala really watch Wycombe last week against Burton and conclude that the way to beat them is to play route one?

Barring Duffy’s moment of brilliance that wasn’t very good.

We need to get the ball down and play through the lines or when going over the top hit the corners for the two to chase into.

Another super soft goal. Free header six yards out. We know Vokes will win it, you have to be there for the second.

Been out and just got in, quite a few despondent.

2 weeks on the training pitch without anything to show, so far. Still time to turn it around.

Fearful of what it could look like if we don’t get some sort of result today given two extremely tough home games follow.

Yet another half of mind numbingly boring stuff from the Imps. We've signed a fusball coach who sees no problem with our centre backs hoofing the ball out of play or straight to an opposition player. Apparently we have no players capable of showing any composure or technical skill.

One highlight with Duffy's good effort, so he'll probably be substituted as a result.
Hard to disagree with that based on first half. As you say, where is the technical ability on the ball? The control of the ball, the control of the play. No knowhow, no vision in midfield about how to create. Cue a devastating Imps second half attacking display...

HT. My goodness, you can see so clearly why we are so vulnerable at corners. We are half asleep and Sorensen is marking nobody. In fact Sorensen is having one of his worst games of the season with so many wasted passes. The terrific break just before HT also he had the opportunity to make a short pass to Taylor who was in a better position to do something but Sorensen just blasted way over the bar. Not sure his role in midfield suits him - shades of his early form when he was a midfield regular. Still playing head tennis to the opposition as well. We really need to be a lot braver on the ball and have our players supporting the man on the ball better with supporting runs. The referee is really poor. He has let so much physical stuff go that he should have pulled up. If he carries on I can see him losing control of the game and start flashing cards.