Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Adams-Park-Wycombe-Wanderers-4-scaled.jpg

So, we're on the road again after a break, this time away at Wycombe Wanderers...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Wycombe Wanderers supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

My first, and probably only ever, trip to Adams Park Stadium with my 10 year old daughter joining us. It could be a long day for her with 4-5 hours in the car, so the iPad is charged in case she loses the will to live over our lack of proficiency in front of goal.

Just have to hope she witnesses the re-birth of our season.

The new era starts. Fast flowing total football, lots of movement, triangles so that defenders and midfielders always have a choice of two forward players to pass to. Most importantly: strikers to put the ball in the net.

”Scuball“, a term to be known and copied throughout the land. What a day for it. What could possibly go wrong?

We enjoyed last year's trip to Wyconbe, mainly thanks to Laasse! Hoping for a similar result today and a peromance to kick off the second half of the season in style

UTI

By the way, having made the trip hundreds of times best on av to go A46 Leicester, M1 Northampton, A43, M40 J4.

I actually come off at Stokenchurch J5 (reasonably priced Shell garage in village) take Marlow fork, then later turn left in Lane End, which takes you the back way to the industrial estate and ground. Avoids traffic and is definitely the best way to come home. If time visit Marlow great pubs, etc etc.

Disruption to train service to High Wycombe has prevented me from going otherwise I would have been in London by now en route.

It wouldn't have been impossible to have gone, but I'm too old to be getting home at midnight.

I just sincerely hope folk don't expect both Freddie and Taylor to be knocking in hat-tricks in the next few matches, and give them a chance to get up to speed before moaning at them.

It's a tough few matches coming up. I'll be happy with some signs of improved attacking intent and evolving of style.

We could do with getting something today with Derby and Pish coming up at the Bank.

Has the feel of the first game of the season, will be pleased if we can get something out of it, but maybe expecting too much from the new forward line straight away. But you never know !! UTI.

Looking forward to one or both of Taylor/Draper making an appearance, but not expecting too much because I'm not convinced the supply line is there. 1-1 would be a good result if we can avoid the stupid mistakes at the back.

Be interesting which of the ‘new’ players get a start. Moylan will have been training with us the most I assume but obviously hasn’t played for a while and has a step up from the Irish League to L1. Draper & Taylor have played regularly in L2 but less time with us, still have to step up a division though.

Haven't looked forward to a team selection as today's for a long time. Looking forward to a positive line up and attacking intent.