Match Thread: Lincoln City v Scunthorpe United | Page 26 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Scunthorpe United

At the moment it's hard to get a handle on the cause of the problem. I had a perfect feed down here in SA as did another director in the west of the UK whereas a director in London had the same problems many of you had.
To me this looks like a problem with 42live's backend systems and unlikely to be anything at the ground. Given the broadband speeds quoted that people get it's unlikely the buffering would be at the users end. 42 Live's service would be shared across multiple servers and maybe locations, whether you get a good stream or not may have been dependent on which server or location you happened to be directed to. Which servers and location you get directed to would also be dependent on your location so Australia and South Africa may have hit servers with only a few on where users based in the uk from the same brodband supplier may have all been fighting for the share of a server/network which couldn't cope.

To me this looks like a problem with 42live's backend systems and unlikely to be anything at the ground. Given the broadband speeds quoted that people get it's unlikely the buffering would be at the users end. 42 Live's service would be shared across multiple servers and maybe locations, whether you get a good stream or not may have been dependent on which server or location you happened to be directed to. Which servers and location you get directed to would also be dependent on your location so Australia and South Africa may have hit servers with only a few on where users based in the uk from the same brodband supplier may have all been fighting for the share of a server/network which couldn't cope.
Could be something in that. Maybe using a VPN to route to servers in another country would have helped but I deleted my VPNs because I don't want Putin spying on me. :LOL:
At this end my suggestion would be 1.Pull the plug out for a few minutes, or reboot your phone. 2. Get the Mrs off the shopping channel and kick the kids off fortnite until the game has ended.
Appreciate what the club are doing to bring us games to watch. Teething problems I'm sure will be sorted soon.

For a techno thicko that seems like a good explanation. I have Virgin internet and presume many others do too so maybe there were quite a few watching last night. Just hope the experience doesn’t put people off. Despite the frustrations I have enjoyed seeing the Salford and Scunny games. Not being able to have a season ticket, I think I will watch more of these streams when available. Still hope they don’t become the norm though as we want as many at the game as possible. You can’t beat being there.

Very possibly correct. But easy to for the club and 42Live to check. If 42Live were using the exact same upload/internet connection facility at the ground as iFollow did, then it has to be a problem with 42Live's own distribution systems.

If 42Live were using a different upload facility (4G for example) then that has to be where they must look first. The awful sound issues were definitely down to 42Live's own facility at the ground, and the patchy video feed very possibly the same.

Looking at 42Live's website (they are a Lincolnshire company), they have little experience of broadcasting sporting events that I can see.

As mentioned above, I think a VPN could be one of the answers to getting a more reliable server from a different country. Wish I had thought of this last night, the laptop literally showed me the live stream for about two seconds before the circle of death couldn’t be removed. Only when I went onto the IPad did the signal change and allow an almost constant stream, until the last couple of minutes when that booted me out too.

Very possibly correct. But easy to for the club and 42Live to check. If 42Live were using the exact same upload/internet connection facility at the ground as iFollow did, then it has to be a problem with 42Live's own distribution systems.

If 42Live were using a different upload facility (4G for example) then that has to be where they must look first. The awful sound issues were definitely down to 42Live's own facility at the ground, and the patchy video feed very possibly the same.

Looking at 42Live's website (they are a Lincolnshire company), they have little experience of broadcasting sporting events that I can see.
If it was anything to do with uploading etc everyone would have got the problems, the fact not everyone experienced the problems suggests it's the streaming that's the problem not the upload of the video.