Match Thread: Lincoln City v Scunthorpe United | Page 25 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Scunthorpe United

I didn't get to see the Salford City match because I was at work, so was quite excited ahead of tonight's friendly, having spent months desperately wanting to see a Lincoln City match, and it is safe to say the coverage simply wasn't good enough.

Only managed to see one of our four goals because of the issues.
Flashback to Brighton at home in the FA Cup. I streamed via a dodgy free European site. Saw a great match but it cut out seconds before all of our three goals, coming back after a couple of minutes with me wondering what was going on. Exiles are no strangers to these kind of problems.

I thought the issues might have been because they were trying to stream via wireless. The club comment confirms it.

IFollow will also be a disaster if they use the same format. Definitely need to go back to using the stadium's cable internet connection.
Think Clive was trying to watch it last night so something will be done about it.

I thought the issues might have been because they were trying to stream via wireless. The club comment confirms it.

IFollow will also be a disaster if they use the same format. Definitely need to go back to using the stadium's cable internet connection.

During the game I checked my internet speed and I was about 40Mbs which is plenty to receive a decent video as this should be around 25Mbs. By the way this was measured to the router as the router around the house is mega good so that is no issue.
So be deduction it could only be from the source.

Think it’s obvious if we didn’t already know that we will try and play out from the back where possible. I expect there will be some moments in games when we shoot ourselves in the foot and concede from mistakes. Hopefully there will not be many instances like this, MA must think it offers more for us as a positive than a negative. One things for sure judging by one game against limited opposition in Scunny, we certainly have signed more footballing defenders with much more passing ability than we did before to allow this.

The audio was terrible, though the second half was better. Was that down to the club or Radio Lincs? I seem to remember Radio Lincs used to have these problems at some away games when they couldn’t get access to the full audio facilities/links/ports & used to use their mobiles - sounded like they were talking inside goldfish bowls.
I listened to Radio Lincolnshire via the internet for the whole game, the sound quality was really good the whole time.

An enjoyable match, lots of positives to be taken from it including some well taken goals (after the first half near misses)

Two things for me, 1) has the gap between The Imps and the 2 Humber Swamp dwellers ever been this huge in our lifetime? 🤔 2) will Notty’s heart rate survive the season now playing out from the back has become the ‘new normal’? 🤔

I thought Jones and McGrandles were better last night than Salford and that seemed down to a fitness issue more than anything.

With a choice of Edun or Bridcutt at the base of the midfield, we have two excellent midfielders who are going to be able to offer options to the CB's to pass to and build from there.

Quite interesting stuff.
Other than Grant and McGrandles/Jones possibly a second XI starting but did very well. We're only a keeper away from having pretty good cover in all positions, plus a striker to give further options.
MA alluded to Tayo "playing in the Liam (Bridcutt) role" - maybe sees him developing to take this over in the future.

An enjoyable match, lots of positives to be taken from it including some well taken goals (after the first half near misses)

Two things for me, 1) has the gap between The Imps and the 2 Humber Swamp dwellers ever been this huge in our lifetime? 🤔 2) will Notty’s heart rate survive the season now playing out from the back has become the ‘new normal’? 🤔

Now we have players that are slightly more comfortable with that - and a 'keeper with a better kick - I think my Peril Sensitive Sunglasses will be needed less often this season.

I reckon we might still screw it up occasionally and concede a few, though

At the moment it's hard to get a handle on the cause of the problem. I had a perfect feed down here in SA as did another director in the west of the UK whereas a director in London had the same problems many of you had.

Seemed hit and miss, many myself included had high speed broadband but suffered buffering issues. Fair play to the club for trying to do this for the first time.

At the moment it's hard to get a handle on the cause of the problem. I had a perfect feed down here in SA as did another director in the west of the UK whereas a director in London had the same problems many of you had.

We have had exactly the same problems with Ifollow Clive in the earlier days. Some people can watch it perfectly while others barely get to see any action. Last night mine worked perfectly for almost 36 minutes and then was barely functioning after that.

maybe the problem was within the UK? My video stream was excellent.