Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City | Page 32 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Hull City

FT. Not a very enjoyable game but I suppose the tension of the occasion played a part. Hull did what they needed to do to win the game, though we shot ourselves in the foot a bit giving away the penalty, especially when we were pretty much on top and looking for a winner. A professional performance from Hull - congratulations to them getting back to the Championship - they probably earned it over the season. Now it’s our turn - with a fully fit squad (almost) let’s go on and finish the job at Wembley.

MA isnt the forgiving type. If Walsh or Jackson are back then maybe TJ back to RB. Fingers crossed.

Frustrated with the penalty as if their player goes for the ball it’s an honest challenge but because he doesn’t jump it’s a penalty.

Poole had a very good game other than that.

Not sure what Harry has done to upset Appleton but Scully was really struggling today.

I think it was telling that Mapp said Burton was good practice for all the balls that were going to go in our box in this game. As it was, they didn't put as much pressure on our centre halves as I thought, but we defended two extremely poorly and that cost us the game.

Still reactionary nonsense but know I'll be in the minority after that challenge which was indefensible

I like Poole, but think he had a tough day at the office. Today his passing wasn't good enough for an Appleton side, and, as you say, that challenge was indefensible.

He'll come good.

Frustrated with the penalty as if their player goes for the ball it’s an honest challenge but because he doesn’t jump it’s a penalty.

Yeah, it's a stonewaller but Eaves never got off the ground despite having a good few inches on Poole. I think he actually got under it a bit and if Poole didn't challenge not sure he heads the ball. Poor decision by Poole in the end but I think he's panicked at a mismatch and gone hell for leather at the ball.

I like Poole, but think he had a tough day at the office. Today his passing wasn't good enough for an Appleton side, and, as you say, that challenge was indefensible.

He'll come good.

Spot on.

TJ played well at CB btw - the last few weeks it has made me think it's his position a bit more. Were it not for the quality of the three ahead of him and having no fullbacks he'd have played more games there I think.

Tough result after the effort of the second half
That said we’ve found our passing game again which when in full flow is enough to take apart any team including Hull
Think we’ll click in time for the playoffs with the injured lads coming back
Uti

Big game on Tuesday now. It's all about trying to secure this playoff spot and not letting their heads drop. We could play worse for the rest of the season and win games, I'm sure.

Yet another sluggish start, and a poor challenge in the box, cost us a victory, let alone a draw. Deserved something out of the game, but can’t gift a team like Hull two goals and then hope that we pick up a point of three, even if the effort merited it. We should take heart from the second half performance and move on to Tuesday.

Christ I need to turn off the Ifollow video feed quick

Yeah I was off at the final whistle haha. They were a pretty dislikeable side and over the three games I think we've been better, but for them it was about getting the job done today so can't really dispute it.

Yet another sluggish start, and a poor challenge in the box, cost us a victory, let alone a draw. Deserved something out of the game, but can’t gift a team like Hull two goals and then hope that we pick up a point of three, even if the effort merited it. We should take heart from the second half performance and move on to Tuesday.

Can't argue with that