Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

First chance I've had to get on the forum since last night but before catching up with all the posts can I just say what a great game of football last nights match was. We lost but I really enjoyed it all. And if we haven't as yet closed the goal of the season poll after Bruno's magic last night we have something very special to look forward to

At work today I got nothing but compliments about how well we played, how good the game was and also they could not believe the atmosphere at the match, the singing was non stop for 90 minutes.

UTMI
Me too, people asking me if I went and how well we did, so different from three years ago.
Everyone wants to know how the imps are doing.

Lots of grumbles from Everton fans about Lewis "trying to break Richarlisons leg", "career ending type of challenge", blah blah blah.
Someone mentioned earlier that they must be around 12 years old. I'd agree, because that was nothing compared to what used to come from real hard full-backs, and in the not too distant past. Yellow card, and nothing more.
Wasn't a good tackle but yellow card was right.

No sportsmen should have gotten injured from that tackle. Medical department has some issues if they approved £40mil on someone who broke that easily.

Atmosphere in coop upper brilliant tonight and we can be proud of our players.
one of the best 12 man performances,pat yourselves on the back.

With the changes in the starting 11 the team looked more balanced,Big John led the line well and the solid partnership on the left Toffs/Bruno gave more attacking edge.
At the back the new lad Lewis showed aggression and pushed forward giving H more space on the flank to play.
Lewis was critical in making our second goal....... a contract?

Feel more confident going into Saturday`s game that our shape has developed for the positive and just hope we still have something in the tank.

ps :good to meet Buckielugger,well done on making the game,all the way from Wales

Likewise!