Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

At work today I got nothing but compliments about how well we played, how good the game was and also they could not believe the atmosphere at the match, the singing was non stop for 90 minutes.

UTMI
Ditto - great to have these occasions raising the profile of the Imps, colleagues drooling over Bruno's goal in particular but the whole night made a good impression.

A while ago now, but McCallum scored a good goal at the SW end against Wycombe, or maybe Mansfield?

He chipped it into a forward, who volleyed it back to him and he hit it on the volley into the top bin.

Every single Everton supporter I spoke to before and after the FA Cup match in January, and the League Cup match the other night, were great. They were very complimentary etc.

Go on Social Media, and quite a few of them appear to be complete bellends!

Tony Lormor scored an absolute belter against Crewe in the early 90s.
Matt Carbon scored a cracking goal against Darlington Xmas 1994 I think.

Has anyone seen a better Imps goal ??
Stunning
Got to be the hardest shot I’ve seen for years and superb technique when seen in slowmo from the Salenity side. Memory probably fading a bit, but the late Malc Dunkley hit a screamer at the railway end many years back. Against Cambridge I think. No TV to re-live it but it is certainly close to Bruno’s effort.

Got to be the hardest shot I’ve seen for years and superb technique when seen in slowmo from the Salenity side. Memory probably fading a bit, but the late Malc Dunkley hit a screamer at the railway end many years back. Against Cambridge I think. No TV to re-live it but it is certainly close to Bruno’s effort.

Yep i remember the Dunkley goal, John Vaughan in goal for Cambridge i think. Puttnam? at Preston was a good one, but Bruno's is probably the hardest hit i can remember.

By all accounts Radio Merseyside were singing the praises of John Akinde on Wednesday, running League 1 defenders ragged. He is never going to score 25 yard top corner jobs, but his physical presence and the number of defenders he ties up cannot be underestimated. Cannot see Danny letting him go, only for daft money to even dafter Salford. If there ever was another Bury in the making, vastly overpaying players , there it is, also as a consequence driving up wages at other lower League Clubs.

Yep i remember the Dunkley goal, John Vaughan in goal for Cambridge i think. Puttnam? at Preston was a good one, but Bruno's is probably the hardest hit i can remember.

Yes it was up there with the Puttnam strike. That's the one I remember down the ages. I'm pretty sure the camera failed to keep up with the ball, the keeper didn't move and it was outside the box. Only a pity it wasn't scored at SB for more fans to have the pleasure of seeing it live. Uriah Rennie was the referee and the lino flagged for offside but thankfully Rennie over ruled him as the new law about the offside player not interfering with play had just come in.

Everton look good. I thought so against us, although you would expect that. They could surprise a few people this season, good summer recruitment, playing well with a genuine goal threat.

Everton look good. I thought so against us, although you would expect that. They could surprise a few people this season, good summer recruitment, playing well with a genuine goal threat.

I agree but it's ironic that the attacking line up deployed today was only tried out against us, and it's shown Silva what his best line up is for making chances.