Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 20 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

Only watched on TV, Everton clearly deserved to win but we put in a fantastic display. The lads can be very proud of that. The value of some of thier players is enough to buy our entire club multiple times over yet we still managed to frustrate them.

The crowd sounded phenomenal and must have been a huge bust to the players. At first viewing I thought thier penalty was stonewall but it looked soft on the replay. The free kick for their first was postage stuff but Bruno bettered it. The boys out in a huge effort, I just hope they recover for fixtures.

I said to my blues mate before the game I'd rather win in Saturday than today, hopefully that happens. Can't wait to get back down to the bank.

The boys made us proud again tonight!

What a great game and a fantastic display from all involved. It made us all so proud watching down here.

The two wonderfully taken goals from Harry and Bruno were the highlights, but there was a real fighting spirit throughout against a crack Premiership side. A great atmosphere at Sincil Bank and good to see a full Stacey West.

Bodes well for a return to winning ways at the weekend. Up the Imps.

DC conducts pre match tactics talk
DC "Right lads we have broken down the game into 6 fifteen minutes battles of attrition. We take the game long, hang in there and if we get the chance late on nick one like we did at Burnley. Everyone on method, good we know what we are doing then, let's go"
Jack Payne winks at Harry and whispers, "Bollocks to that".

Payne proved tonight the stupidity of Hudds losing their nerve in loaning him out after their promotion. Class act, his only weakness is his finishing, if he can settle that he's premiership class.

Sky execs will be patting their back on that one - Premiership side who took it seriously, underdogs who battled but showed moments of skill and scored the goal of the night, full house and terrific atmosphere not least due to 1800 visitors.
It should encourage them to come back, instead of gormlessly heading for Salford and Newport all the time.

Superb game. Boys did us proud.

Everton have an odd bunch of fans though, giving a lot of abuse to families walking past after the game.

We haven’t seen a side in the class of Everton in decades down the Bank, they knocked it about superbly, which is testament to how well the Imps competed for 80 mins .... crowd were superb throughout and the roar when Bruno equalised was something else.
Obviously we have never seen a multi million premiership side at Sincil Bank before. They had some superbly talented individuals but at times were sloppy and indisciplined. There were many instances of misplaced passes and poor control that showed the gap isn’t that great despite the financial gulf.

The atmosphere matched our performance, or is it the performance matched the atmosphere????........either way is right I guess because both were absolutely superb, fantastic, immense, sensational, heroic you name it.

We gave a Premier League Club a broken nose last night and it was a pleasure to be there.

That atmosphere was something else too, I have never experienced something like that at the bank before, even after the game I could here Blues Fans as they were coming out saying how impressive an atmosphere that was for a team 2 leagues below them.

Proud of the players, proud of the crowd, considering we lost, it was simply a fantastic occasion where we had hope for most of the game

A full house of 9,971 too, bravo

UTI

It should encourage them to come back, instead of gormlessly heading for Salford and Newport all the time.

Not sure why the hostility towards Newport. They've been involved in some great televised games in recent years. As with ourselves, they've developed a reputation as giantkillers, which keeps the cameras coming back.