Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

Yep, just checked and he did. Didn't think he had done, so that's 8, possibly 10 if he played in the 2-0 win.

That 2-0 win was late in the season IIRC.

Superb game. Boys did us proud.

Everton have an odd bunch of fans though, giving a lot of abuse to families walking past after the game.

Before the game and until they scored the Everton fans appeared to be a dour and miserable bunch, there out of a sense of duty rather than being up for it.

Some showed a much darker side later on particularly the crazy woman who seemed to want to fight 617 and was rightly carted away.

In Everton's defence though our crowd gave them serious stick about their second class status compared to Liverpool. I spend a lot of time in that city and this year in particular Liverpool as a place has indeed been red, it's rare that you see a blue shirt or come across anyone admitting to be an Everton fan. They must be hurting and the Imps' fans hit a raw nerve last night.

Lots of grumbles from Everton fans about Lewis "trying to break Richarlisons leg", "career ending type of challenge", blah blah blah.
Someone mentioned earlier that they must be around 12 years old. I'd agree, because that was nothing compared to what used to come from real hard full-backs, and in the not too distant past. Yellow card, and nothing more.

Lots of grumbles from Everton fans about Lewis "trying to break Richarlisons leg", "career ending type of challenge", blah blah blah.
Someone mentioned earlier that they must be around 12 years old. I'd agree, because that was nothing compared to what used to come from real hard full-backs, and in the not too distant past. Yellow card, and nothing more.

They clearly have never watched lower league football, in our conference years that would barely have warranted a mention, dust yourself down son and move on. A bit like Burnley fans bigging up their experience of "physical championship games" only to squeal when Alan Power gave them a taste of conference physicality.

George Peden would have laughed at him. Hard, hard man.

Before the game and until they scored the Everton fans appeared to be a dour and miserable bunch, there out of a sense of duty rather than being up for it.

Some showed a much darker side later on particularly the crazy woman who seemed to want to fight 617 and was rightly carted away.

In Everton's defence though our crowd gave them serious stick about their second class status compared to Liverpool. I spend a lot of time in that city and this year in particular Liverpool as a place has indeed been red, it's rare that you see a blue shirt or come across anyone admitting to be an Everton fan. They must be hurting and the Imps' fans hit a raw nerve last night.
That famous scouse sense of humour failure??

That famous scouse sense of humour failure??

Just been amazed at the vitriol on Twitter (even for Twitter). After a game that everyone agreed was a proper contest, and a great game, I have been told our city is shit, Lewis is a ****, etc, we are a 'tinpot outfit' and they are the bigger club. Well done for pointing out you're a bigger club Everton fans.

Three winners last night, Everton in goals scored, LCFC for putting on a great show for the National Press and cameras, and the supporters for making a cracking atmosphere. Not read much of the above, but one Everton fan also congratulated us on the great atmosphere and supporters . He seemed to have enjoyed the banter ! Generally a night you felt proud to be an Imp. 'Compare and contrast' us with the situation at Bury, great exam question.
UTI.

The young lady who entered the field of play and offered all upper and lower 7 on was just that, a very young lady. As were the kids who rushed to the gate at the end of the SW. They'd clearly been watching too much Football Factory on youtube.
I don't suppose we'd take too kindly to being chanted at that we "we're just a bus stop near Grimsby" but I thought it was good natured banter and no harm done. Overall an oustanding advert for the game and a credit to the effort, persistance, skill and desire from the Imps to the quality that Everton clearly had. A chap behind me shouted "your keeper's worth more than our stadium".

I can't decide whether it was fear of losing or disinterest at playing a team 2 divisions below themselves but we kept the majority of their fans quiet for 90 minutes. Or did we just drown them out with our volume?
Best of luck to Everton in the next round.

Great repertoire of old songs from Everton when they actually got going, heard little until they took the lead.

I thought the Everton fans were very quiet in the first half and didn't get singing until they were winning. They all stood up ,though, right the way through the match. Strange behavior by the kids at the front who all stormed off to "taunt" 617 after they scored. Come on lads, you are a Premiership side worth millions, and you are going bonkers because you are beating a League One side? Not classy at all.

Certainly one of the best atmospheres at the Bank I've seen, helped by the closeness of the two sets of fans. Must say considering they won there were some very serious looking faces coming out of the SW, I found them much friendlier at Goodison last year. Not many games give you a feel good factor after you've lost but it certainly did last night, proud of the players and my fellow imps too who made a racket last night, the place was rocking.

I recorded the 5Live commentary. Only listened to the bits around our goals o far, but the atmosphere really comes across, possibly more than on TV. It really is electric. ??

Just been amazed at the vitriol on Twitter (even for Twitter). After a game that everyone agreed was a proper contest, and a great game, I have been told our city is shit, Lewis is a ****, etc, we are a 'tinpot outfit' and they are the bigger club. Well done for pointing out you're a bigger club Everton fans.
I think in general committed Premiership supporters (as opposed to casual TV fans or tourists) take football far too seriously and seem to take very little pleasure from it. It must be depressing supporting a club like Everton who haven’t won anything for years, always finish mid table and rarely even have the excitement of winning a relegation dogfight.

I think in general committed Premiership supporters (as opposed to casual TV fans or tourists) take football far too seriously and seem to take very little pleasure from it. It must be depressing supporting a club like Everton who haven’t won anything for years, always finish mid table and rarely even have the excitement of winning a relegation dogfight.

As I pointed out to them, I admired a club with such a large committed fanbase, given they hadn't won anything for the majority of most of their lives, and wouldn't add a 10th championship in probably decades.

Why complain about the reaction of Everton fans when for a lot of the game they're hearing themselves being taunted, especially about Liverpool FC?

I know a lot of you just think this is typical football banter, but if you do that you're not going to make many friends - should that matter.

I prefer positive support rather than goading the opposition, whether it's about their own rivals or the generic "this is a library" or similar chants we hear at away grounds, but at least a lot of noise is always made at home, which was commented on several times on Sky.