Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Everton

Danny spoke really well afterwards, really proud and twinkle in his eye when asked about some of the more competitive elements. No argument with penalty tho wants to see it again.

Now doing draw, are these 3 muppets all Sky can afford? Desperate!

that shot from andrade.
good job pickford got nowhere near it, as it would have taken him onto the back of the net too.
great run and cross from lewis too.

very good performance from the imps yet again. took them all the way.

re: pickford!
such a knob. what was he doing in our six yard box after the pen? + what he does when blasting the ball around from the back really doesn't match how good he thinks it is.

No complaints. Everton were up for it; the only thing they have any hope of winning. Thought we did ourselves proud, and kept going when we could have folded. Added some niggle in there too, to show those fancy dans what’s what. Great goals all round. Glad it didn’t go to penalties, I’m late enough dropping my daughter at School and heading off to work as it is! ?

Great night that. To take the lead after what 15-20 seconds was unbelievable. To be fair, we struggled to gain any possession for most of the 1st half, but came back with a strong 2nd where we more than matched Everton. Thought it was a lucky penalty, but we kept at them and I lost count of the passes we had before a Bruno smashed home that fully deserved equaliser. A soft 3rd killed us really and we didn’t deserve to concede 4th. We can hold our heads high and be proud of that display.

Gutted, watched game in a pub in Kos Town. Full of scousers but all Liverpool... weren’t they lucky?
Have to say City were brilliant tonight. They’ve got 50 mill players in their team and their patterns of play were great to watch.
But well done city. Not the drubbing I thought.

There a sideways team with cast offs from the top 4 - Marco Silva will be gone before Christmas.

Imps fantastic, great start and then held a great shape and only done in open play in the last ten minutes. Going into Saturday we still made changes, and managed the subs well to give Shacks, Morrell and Payne a breather.

Everton can play the cup down all they like but they were rattled tonight, and you don’t celebrate a 3rd goal like that if you haven’t been in a game.

Sky execs will be patting their back on that one - Premiership side who took it seriously, underdogs who battled but showed moments of skill and scored the goal of the night, full house and terrific atmosphere not least due to 1800 visitors.

Huge, huge pride, hope the recoveries are good and we get a result on Saturday.