Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

Before the game young Riiiiik showed me a clip of Leicester missing a penalty against Watford to level the score and progress thru the play offs on away goals. Immediately Watford went up the other end and scored, in injury time.
Immediately after the penalty Crewe went up the other end and got a corner. We just looked at each other and thought Oh No!
But credit to the Imps, we held them out.
And...the 5 mins injury time seemed to pass quickly, not that I'm complaining.

A strikers job is to ensure the TEAM is scoring goals. Therefore Akinde is not doing a good job.

However, I do think one league game out to keep him on his toes is a good idea.

Played 12 won 9 . Goals scored 21 . Third highest in the division. Not sure if you have too high an expectation of a striker in the fourth division of this country but he is contributing enormously to where we are at present

Not read whats gone before, but thought the two away games on the bounce had taken a lot out of them. Out on their feet at the end, gave everything, just about deserved it, made up for Tuesday's disappointment. Akinde did very well again, O'Connor had his best game for me. Its games like that that win you promotion. UTI.

A strikers job is to ensure the TEAM is scoring goals. Therefore Akinde is not doing a good job.

However, I do think one league game out to keep him on his toes is a good idea.

Odd one considering he set the winner up?

At the end of the day every team has a scapegoat but it’s a good job internally pick the team not the fans.

We must be careful that we don’t let emotion get in the way of the facts. Fact is we now have better and more effective players.

Completely agree that Akinde is an upgrade, but Rhead still has a part to play. Just because he is a big favourite with the fans doesn’t mean he’s the best. I think people appreciate what he’s helped us achieve.

Akinde best forward player in the first half and assist for the goal. I know he did some good stuff in the first half - winning balls in the air, running the channels and holding it up because I saw him do it with my own eyes. Get quality ball into him and bodies around him and we will benefit big time. We couldn't get the wingers into the game for love nor money and I suggested we should go 4-3-3 at half time.

Just wish Anderson would run at the full back early doors even if nothing comes of it, that puts doubt in their minds about which way he is going to go for the rest of the match. After all that's what his game is about otherwise he brings nothing as shown today.

Several players off it today and lots of things especially in the first half just weren't happening.
For me Akinde along with O'Connor was one of the very few bright sparks in the first half when used properly and supported by his team mates which wasn't very often.
Bringing Pett changed it.
Fair play their keeper who some decent saves including the pen (which wasn't the best )but they kept going and nearly nicked a draw.
Not sure what was wrong today but need to be sharper, quicker and cut the sloppiness out cos we won't getting away with it.
End of the day we're 4 points clear at the top and we aren't even playing anywhere near our best just think how far ahead we'll be then?

One thing is for sure, Pett should be the 2nd name on the team sheet at the moment only behind Shackell. Speaking of Shackell, he was immense and man of the match for me. Although O’Connor did have a solid game to be fair.

Rate the players?

Great 3 points, a clean sheet and just about deserved in a hard fought game. Individually no one had a bad game but as a team we struggled to impose our game on a decent opposition. Our wide players, especially in the first half, were starved of decent service.