Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

S**t sorry guys, that originally said he didn’t do a bad job then I changed bad to good and forgot to take the not out.

I meant to say:

The team is scoring goals. Thus (damn straight I went there) Akinde is doing well.

Muchos apologies to those who replied to my idiocy.

Whilst modern technology has spell checking and even grammar checking, drivel detecting has some space to make up...

I, too, am frequently a victim of this...

Come on you Imps!!!! ©

Bit of a stodgy performance from us. Not Crawley bad but enough for it to be a bit huff and puff.

Felt as though we were guilty of trying to take Crewe on at their own game at times and got sucked into playing silly, pointless triangles in un-dangerous areas and slow in our build up play. Nor were we direct enough in our play and try and get in behind them and when we did, we scored and won a penalty.

A game where we again struggled against a side playing 3 at the back and got a much better hold in the second half when we brought Pett on and went 4-3-3, which gave us a bit more energy and another body in midfield.

Not seen the goal again yet but it looked poor keeping. Not sure how it's gone in.

Crewe were typical Crewe. Easy on the eye, good passages of play and had you feeling that something *might* happen but didn't have a final ball. Considering they had Bowry and Porter in the side, they were reluctant to get crosses into the box and also opted against shooting from the edge of the box so the sideways passing around the area didn't little damage.

Not a game that'll live long in the memory, not just our performance but there weren't too many chances in the game either.

Of course, the big news ahead of the game was that Bostwick's got rid of his Jesus hair...

Whilst modern technology has spell checking and even grammar checking, drivel detecting has some space to make up...

I, too, am frequently a victim of this...

Come on you Imps!!!! ©
I was hoping you’d say Come on you Mariners and blame autocorrect for your treachery.

So they didn't notice we won by the only goal in the game. Which came from Akinde winning the ball back and then getting a header in a few seconds later before it eventually ended up at Pett's feet?

He may be doing occasional things right but he is still short of what he could be doing.
And I'm sure he would be the first to agree with that.
And it's not "hating", more a case of waiting to love...he WILL be brilliant, just hasn't got there yet.

He may be doing occasional things right but he is still short of what he could be doing.
And I'm sure he would be the first to agree with that.
And it's not "hating", more a case of waiting to love...he WILL be brilliant, just hasn't got there yet.

Being honest I thought today was his worst game of those I have seen (home games) but then the whole performance from the team was pretty poor today.

The haters aren't interested though I had to listen to constant mutterings of "lazy, so lazy" from the kick off whenever he was involved..........or not involved. Gets a bit boring. He didn't have his best game today YET he was heavily involved in the only goal of a poor game.

I just couldn't get the word'rehearsed' out of my head today. I just feel like we do stuff on the training pitch and then the players try to replicate it on match day. Obviously that's the plan but sometimes you have to go off script and I think when that happens we look confused.

Defensively rock solid though and our points today are because we kept it at nil (defending as a team) whilst misfiring.

The haters aren't interested though I had to listen to constant mutterings of "lazy, so lazy" from the kick off whenever he was involved..........or not involved. Gets a bit boring. He didn't have his best game today YET he was heavily involved in the only goal of a poor game.
You have to wonder at the motivation behind some of these comments...

Not at our best but we have to have something about us because even when we don't play well we can still come up with the 3 points and you don't do that by accident.
I thought Akinde did Ok but I'm sure there is more to come from him. I feel he's a bit isolated up there on his own and it may take a bit of pressure and actually help his game if he had someone up there alongside him.

There are too many occasions when his teammates don't. Give him the ball facing goal and he looks a different proposition. Play the ball into his feet or body and he holds it up and brings others into the game.

Ask him to compete with the centre half for punts, or chase defenders, and we would be better off with Green.

This happened today in the main. He did not play well. Neither did the other forwards, Anderson, Andrade (till later) or McCartan. There is a common denominator there. Far too many hail-mary forward hoofs.

On the other hand, often, when in possession, he holds onto the ball far too long.

I'd actually like to see Green start instead of him with the same line up and see what happens with a nippier striker who is probably a more natural finisher.

I liked it until your last sentence.

I'm not sure the way we play is conducive to Greeny operating on his own up front.

Akinde starts every game for me, if he's fit.

We're 4 points clear without playing to our potential in several games this season. No tinkering required, I would say.

I liked it until your last sentence.

I'm not sure the way we play is conducive to Greeny operating on his own up front.

Akinde starts every game for me, if he's fit.

We're 4 points clear without playing to our potential in several games this season. No tinkering required, I would say.

Overall, I agree with you, there is no need to change.

All I'm saying is that I'd like to see what happens with Green instead of Akinde. It's not meant to be a lone striker anyway, it's meant to be 4-2-3-1.

It's difficult to know when to run the Green/Akinde experiment, though.

Not at our best but we have to have something about us because even when we don't play well we can still come up with the 3 points and you don't do that by accident.
I thought Akinde did Ok but I'm sure there is more to come from him. I feel he's a bit isolated up there on his own and it may take a bit of pressure and actually help his game if he had someone up there alongside him.
Me too, him and Green, McCartan was too far away from him yesterday and as you say it leaves the big man isolated
Minor critism when you're 4 points clear.
One of these weeks it'll all click and :toot: