Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

The conversation that was broadcast over the tannoy during the game was a tad unfortunate. It seemed to go on for about 30 seconds !
One of the participants in the conversation claimed there was no feedback. Well we were getting plenty.

Watching EFL highlights and Chapman's tackle (and the position of the ref in relation to the tackle), going to have to change my view.

That's a red card all day long- Ellis foot is almost knee high and is going to be considered reckless. Red card and 3 match ban.

That their No6 wasn't too badly hurt isn't going to matter- high tackle, almost knee high.

Didn't think it was at the ground today- but seeing it now. Got to be red.

Watching EFL highlights and Chapman's tackle (and the position of the ref in relation to the tackle), going to have to change my view.

That's a red card all day long- Ellis foot is almost knee high and is going to be considered reckless. Red card and 3 match ban.

That their No6 wasn't too badly hurt isn't going to matter- high tackle, almost knee high.

That’s certainly NOT what it appeared in the ground or on the video shared on this site. Is your view being coloured by the so called ‘experts’?

Football is in deep trouble if all robust tackles are to be outlawed.

Feel very sorry for young Ellis Chapman. That's a shocking decision. Hope he can bounce back soon and get another start

Hopefully on Tuesday - listening on iFollow, Hortin and Thommo gobsmacked with the red; DC's comments after, and if true the Cambridge support for an appeal; then seeing the Sky clip, if that's a red we may as well pack up, it's basically basketball.

Surely an appeal, surely won, if not decided by Tuesday Chapman can play.

It's totally different viewed from the Senility and Danny's area.

It's only knee high because the Cambridge player has slid in for the ball and his leg is almost horizontal with the ground.

Just seen Kompany's challenge on lennon was far worse and got a yellow, consistency.....

Yup still not even close to a red for me. He's gone in for a 50:50 block/cross but is a bit late. His foot is hardly raised off the ground. As hank said above, the contact is only knee height because the Cambridge players leg is on the floor!

In the ground I wasn't sure it was even a foul. On Quest still never a red card. Split second late with a soft block. Only reason it hit Cambridge players leg was because of the Cambridge players momentum. What was the red actually for?. Chapman never went in with any pace. Was not reckless. Was not out of control. Did not have both feet off the ground. Did not have studs showing. Did not stamp. I actually don't think he went in hard enough. A pathetic decision.

That's the view the ref had- notice where the ball is.

This isn't going to be over turned on appeal- The No 6 leg is not horizontal but directly bent under the tackle of Chapman.

Baffled. In my opinion, it's not even a bookable offence. I've seen it live and on several replays.

Just seen a close up video on facebook which has changed my opinion from no card/yellow to yellow/red. Can just about see why the ref gave it.

No idea how to post it here sadly.

I still don't see it. Studs down. More a case of Deegan going through and making it look dodgy. That's just a block for my money.

Despite a shocking performance from the ref overall- I do have some sympathy on this (now that is - I didn't at 3.21pm today).

We are looking at a video and a still shot... and still have differing views.

The ref has a mili-second to observe the event.

Still think he got it right but other's will take an alternative view.

Life is like a box of chocolates