Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

Isn't the Cambridge players foot low because he's just kicked the ball? Having seen the photo later in the thread I reckon he's going to struggle big time to overturn it when you take into account the ball has gone.

This is the thing. I thought at the time that Chapman just mis-timed the challenge, and therefore a yellow card was the right decision. He didn't fly in like Frecklington did a few weeks back (who got the deserved red card). It was a clumsy, mis-timed challenge, and at such little force that there was no way he was going to injure anyone - that much is clear from the video footage as well.

Must agree that it's unlikely we'll get this overturned. The FA and refs nearly always stick together on debatable decisions like this. So unlucky for Chapman when he had a great chance of holding down a place while Freck and O'Connor are injured.

And by the way, how bad is that goals programme on Quest (and it was just as bad on Channel 5 so no argument with the channel)? Colin Murray has to be the worst football presenter ever, and the line-up of 'experts' is frankly embarrassing. Why can't they just show the goals and maybe have a behind the scenes report or two from each league instead? Would be far more informative as Murray and his 'expert' say have that rare ability to say plenty but also absolutely nothing at the same time.

Must agree that it's unlikely we'll get this overturned. The FA and refs nearly always stick together on debatable decisions like this. So unlucky for Chapman when he had a great chance of holding down a place while Freck and O'Connor are injured.

And we have the first conspiracy theory.....c'mon, they'll look at the footage and decide what they think, the ref will not get punished either way.

My first thought from the coop upper half way line view was that it was a yellow. Which was the exact view of my friend who was a former football league referee.
But having seen this picture on Twitter and the video I can see why he was sent off. As was said to me,the ref shot from the hip, didn’t seem to even think about it which I think also got a lot of people’s back up. I would be surprised if he wins his appeal, though we could certainly do with a CM for Tuesday.
Felt sorry for the lad as I think he did a good job on them in the first 20 mins. Either way this is a test of character for him.

Will be amazed if that is overturned. Looks worse on the still frames but his foot is so obviously high and the ball is long gone. Could have been a yellow but a red is a fair call by the ref. I actually think DC was out of order with his post match comments on the incident.

Will be amazed if that is overturned. Looks worse on the still frames but his foot is so obviously high and the ball is long gone. Could have been a yellow but a red is a fair call by the ref. I actually think DC was out of order with his post match comments on the incident.

I didn't think he was out of order tbh. Primarily he's protecting a 17 year old making his second start.

It is an iPhone shot taken of my TV when showing EFL highlights last night.

There is no doctoring in any way- just point, press the button and show on this forum
I believe they’re referring to the alternate angle picture tweeted above. It’s certainly far more condemning than the other pics I’ve seen

I believe they’re referring to the alternate angle picture tweeted above. It’s certainly far more condemning than the other pics I’ve seen

That seems to be a much better, and clearer, picture than the grainy one taken of my TV but seems to show exactly the same moment in time from the Selenity side rather than the Coop side. The ref had an absolutely clear view of this.

It wasn't a hard tackle, it wasn't an intentional tackle to cause harm but this will not be over turned. Sad for Ellis but unfortunately his tackling nouse let him down

I think the last 2/3 pages of this thread sum up why I wouldn’t be a ref. We’re all looking at replays, slo-mos and photos and still disagreeing!
And there's the rub, we're not sure surely to send someone off you've got to be sure.
Judging by how he sprinted across the pitch he was, could have consulted his lino but he was worse than him!
He has previous by all accounts

I assume the people round you have similar cv’s to the Cowley’s to make their noise on the subject relevant or perhaps they have some strange hope that Akinde fails. As a Lincoln fan, I’m sure you would want Akinde to succeed and will be giving him your backing? I’m certainly also backing Rheady despite that being his first league goal all season.

Nope. Just reporting what people were saying. Personally I don't think it's fair playing someone when they are low on confidence by having them replace someone whom is playing well. I want no one to fail, but in reality....If you really look at his past, he has never really settled at a club - apart from Barnet. It's been a big move for him both personally and professionally and I feel for the guy. Of course I want him to succeed...but I feel it's time that he should earn his place in the team rather than be it just a given. He is paid to score goals. He isn't scoring.

My first thought from the coop upper half way line view was that it was a yellow. Which was the exact view of my friend who was a former football league referee.
But having seen this picture on Twitter and the video I can see why he was sent off. As was said to me,the ref shot from the hip, didn’t seem to even think about it which I think also got a lot of people’s back up. I would be surprised if he wins his appeal, though we could certainly do with a CM for Tuesday.
Felt sorry for the lad as I think he did a good job on them in the first 20 mins. Either way this is a test of character for him.

Looks bad from that picture doesn’t it