Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cambridge United

What I liked about the first 20 mins, is that Rhead played as a proper CF....not a diagonal hoof it to him man. All around me were saying that Cowley got the subs wrong. Maybe he should have put Green on for Akinde. I have to say I think JA is badly out of form. Rheady scored a blinder. The run he made to anticipate that cross was brilliant and on recent form I just couldn't see JA loloping to meet the ball with the same effect.

Perhaps we could have saved a bit of dosh and stuck with second joint top scorer for League Two...Ollie Palmer instead. Danny has never had much luck with signing strikers. Perhaps this is his Achilles heel.

I assume the people round you have similar cv’s to the Cowley’s to make their noise on the subject relevant or perhaps they have some strange hope that Akinde fails. As a Lincoln fan, I’m sure you would want Akinde to succeed and will be giving him your backing? I’m certainly also backing Rheady despite that being his first league goal all season.

Was it me or did keeper put his head right into the head of Shay and the ref just ticked him off????

I sit in the selenity and I thought it just about warranted a yellow. Yes it was mistimed but it wasn’t malicious. I did hear a crack though and I’m not sure if the ref did or not to help
Make his mind up. It’s was Chapman catching their players shin pad but whether the ref thought worse I’m not sure.
I thought the ref bottled a stonewall penalty for them aswell .
Such a shame as we looked really threatening up until that decision. They scored a cracker out of nowhere but I felt we would still win whilst playing with 11.
Never mind, that’s football and that’s why we love it.
Just have a quick peek at the table and enjoy the rest of your evening.
Back for more on Tuesday. UTI

Not sure why you are saying this? The keeper didn’t give us anything.
To be fair, he looked to be carrying a bit of weight and flapped at quite a few crosses. Maybe the time wasting was because he was knackered.
Remarked to my mate that he reminded me of a chunky lad we used to drag out of the pub when we were one short of a team.

Regarding Cambridge's penalty appeal, from where I was in the Stacey West about 20 yards away it looked as if our player got his foot to the ball cleanly.

Regarding Cambridge's penalty appeal, from where I was in the Stacey West about 20 yards away it looked as if our player got his foot to the ball cleanly.
Really? Well you was a lot nearer than I so fair enough if that’s the case. From where I was sat it looked like a clear foul. I thought he’d have given it if he hadn’t got the whole stadium against him.

Amazing how playing against no central midfield helps you to do that.
that's being a bit dissmissive of the efforts of our midfield today.
we started with four in midfield. andrade/chapman/pett/anderson. when chapman was sent off, we retained the 4 - mccartan dropped in.
then anderson was sacrificed and for a while we played andrade/bostwick/pett/mccartan. second half it was andrade/wilson/pett/mccartan. last 15 or so it was andrade/wilson/pett/green. the position we sacrificed was the support striker... which is why akinde was so isolated and outnumbered.