Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bowers & Pitsea | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bowers & Pitsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly we are not rich enough to make these gestures,although it would be helpful if we new how much this gift was.Estimates range from £6,000 to £ 20,000. We dont know if the revenue includes the prize money or other add ons like programme sales or 50/50 tickets. Similarly do the costs include players wages ect ? I would say many came yesterday mainly to support the club financially but were also happy to benefit B & P through the shared revenue of gate receipts,but no more than that. The giving away of the profits means the first part no longer applies.
Apologies Paul to you and anyone else that feels offended or cheated or whatever as a result of the club's gesture to Bowers & Pitsea. I will personally make a specific contribution to cover that amount so that you or anyone else doesn't have to waste their time worrying about exactly how it was calculated and what amount was 'lost' to our club.

Apologies Paul to you and anyone else that feels offended or cheated or whatever as a result of the club's gesture to Bowers & Pitsea. I will personally make a specific contribution to cover that amount so that you or anyone else doesn't have to waste their time worrying about exactly how it was calculated and what amount was 'lost' to our club.

For what it's worth Clive, I think it's a great thing to do. I bought my ticket because Lincoln were playing and I wanted to watch them. Also in my mind was the fact that B and P deserved to make as much as they could financially and have the experience of playing in front of as big a crowd as possible.

Also, if we're to (rightly) object to the way the Premier League clubs dominate financially and filter down way less money than they could or should, we should make sure we're doing what we can for the equivalent clubs below us in the pyramid.

When you make the payment you sadly feel you need to, please deduct the profit from my two tickets and hot dogs as I'm more than happy for it to go to Bowers!

For what it's worth Clive, I think it's a great thing to do. I bought my ticket because Lincoln were playing and I wanted to watch them. Also in my mind was the fact that B and P deserved to make as much as they could financially and have the experience of playing in front of as big a crowd as possible.

Also, if we're to (rightly) object to the way the Premier League clubs dominate financially and filter down way less money than they could or should, we should make sure we're doing what we can for the equivalent clubs below us in the pyramid.

When you make the payment you sadly feel you need to, please deduct the profit from my two tickets and hot dogs as I'm more than happy for it to go to Bowers!

Same here - I’m more than happy that the money I put into the club is spent how the custodians see fit. They are doing a grand job.

Very much this from my perspective...

I too thought about the donation to B&P and how that sits with the SW fundraising. I seem to be in the majority in concluding that it's a fine gesture which shows the club remembers where it came from and is typical of the class of the current board and management.

The goodwill generated may well see the donation ultimately prove an effective investment. I can separate it from the SW fundraising and to me those who can't are being small minded.

Then the chairman comes on and it's all cool anyway.

Class, just class.

I personally don’t feel offended or cheated, I have nothing but respect for your ownership of the club. But as a self employed businessman who works on my own, if we needed a repair to our house (Stacy West extension) I wouldn’t borrow money from the bank to get the repair work done and then go and give free money to another business who don’t make as much.

I very much respect every penny you and the other directors put into the club and the decisions you make, but I personally just can’t understand the reasoning behind this.

With regard to the premier money running equally down hill, why didn’t Lincoln divide the profits up between all the sides in the Isthman league if the idea, was to make a point.

To me it’s a very classy gesture and the sort of goodwill spreading that long term will reap rewards and some. On the flip side I totally respect anyone’s view who thinks it’s an unnecessary expense when we are trying to attract new investment and find new ways of providing income. I’m sure virtually all Imps fans are confident that Clive and Co make decisions that long term are beneficial to LCFC.
On a lighter note a great line from a Selenity regular after Maguire appealed for a foul against his marker.
‘ Get on with it Maguire, you’re being marked by a f*cking plumber!’
Made me laugh anyway

And a certain percentage can’t except other people’s opinions without abusing them. Which I thought expressing opinions was the the point of the forum.
Agreed.

I dont agree with your view on this, but your view is genuinely held and cogently argued and you have every right to express it.

That doesn't make you an arsehole, that's the term reserved for those who counter an opinion different to their own with abuse, but most on here respect your right.

To me it’s a very classy gesture and the sort of goodwill spreading that long term will reap rewards and some. On the flip side I totally respect anyone’s view who thinks it’s an unnecessary expense when we are trying to attract new investment and find new ways of providing income. I’m sure virtually all Imps fans are confident that Clive and Co make decisions that long term are beneficial to LCFC.
On a lighter note a great line from a Selenity regular after Maguire appealed for a foul against his marker.
‘ Get on with it Maguire, you’re being marked by a f*cking plumber!’
Made me laugh anyway

B&P fans taunting us with "League 1 you're having a laugh" amused me...

download-_3_.jpg

Agreed.

I dont agree with your view on this, but your view is genuinely held and cogently argued and you have every right to express it.

That doesn't make you an arsehole, that's the term reserved for those who counter an opinion different to their own with abuse, but most on here respect your right.
Talking of Notty……..

Status
Not open for further replies.