Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bowers & Pitsea | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bowers & Pitsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-Stadium-v-Cheltenham-Town-h-13-04-2019-2-1024x683.jpg

POLL: Bowers & Pitsea (h - 06/11/21): Will The Imps Win, Lose or Draw?
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ea-h-06-11-21-will-the-imps-win-lose-or-draw/

Bowers & Pitsea (h): Match Officials:

Information about today's match officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/bowers-pitsea-h-match-officials/

Three Things The Imps Need To Do To Beat Bowers & Pitsea:

"Don't underestimate B&P. This is their "cup final" and possibly the biggest game of the club's history."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/three-things-the-imps-need-to-do-to-beat-bowers-pitsea/

Michael Appleton: "We don't want to be one of those headlines on Sunday morning."

A summary of what Michael Appleton said yesterday.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...-be-one-of-those-headlines-on-sunday-morning/

Two Bowers & Pitsea Supporters Talk To Vital Lincoln City:

"Smallsy has taken the club up two divisions, taken them to the semi-finals of the FA Vase, and broken nearly every club record with his sides."

The first set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/two-bowers-pitsea-supporters-talk-to-vital-lincoln-city/

The second set of answers:
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...s-talk-to-vital-lincoln-city/2/#gallery-slide

Bowers & Pitsea (h): Today's Team News:

The Imps take on Bowers & Pitsea at Sincil Bank in the First Round of The FA Cup this afternoon. This match will be refereed by Marc Edwards. The kick-off is at 15:00, and team news will be provided on the link below once we have it.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/bowers-pitsea-h-todays-team-news/

Looking forward to this, the FA Cup has rewarded us hugely over the last few years and invested wisely in the Training Ground

Looking forward to this as a break from the norm.
First season i started going regularly was when we played Morecambe & Nuneaton in the 1st 2 rounds. I remember the scores and Peakey playing of course but nothing about the games. What stuck in my teenage mind was the fact Nuneaton brought a large and colourful following (for some reason I can see now a chap wearing a blue and white bowler hat). If you’d asked me which team would have made it to the league it wouldn’t have been Morecambe. Nuneaton as it turns out barely feature in the National League.

First season i started going regularly was when we played Morecambe & Nuneaton in the 1st 2 rounds. I remember the scores and Peakey playing of course but nothing about the games. What stuck in my teenage mind was the fact Nuneaton brought a large and colourful following (for some reason I can see now a chap wearing a blue and white bowler hat). If you’d asked me which team would have made it to the league it wouldn’t have been Morecambe. Nuneaton as it turns out barely feature in the National League.
I don’t think Peaky was playing in those cup games. Think it was cooper and Ellis?

I don’t think so, been looking and all it says is you can have an audio pass.

Can’t get the FA Cup on iFollow. Don’t have the rights.

I think you can listen to BBC Radio Lincolnshire on their app/online anywhere in the U.K. though whereas for league games you need to be in range on the radio.

Hopefully through the sheer gulf in quality we can overcome our troubles breaking teams down at home today. As we know from our cup run an early goal is key.

If I remember correctly a Nuneaton fan ran on the pitch pre ko and placed a scarf wrapped around a blue balloon on the centre spot.cheers from the Nuneaton lot. Then two Lincoln fans leaped over the wall of the Clan. Ran across the pitch to the centre circle and burst the balloon and trampled the scarf into the mud. Cheers from the clanford end. Won 6-1? And we beat morcombe 1-0.

Try and get the job done early. Given the injuries the team picks itself. Not a massive fan of Bramall technically but his pace down the left could cause problems today.

I don’t think Peaky was playing in those cup games. Think it was cooper and Ellis?

He was playing in the Nuneaton game.

But he was playing for Nuneaton.

The pitch was frozen that day and we had something of an advantage in that we played the week before on a similar pitch against Crystal Palace in a game that was eventually abandoned.

Now, if I remember the Nuneaton 6-0 rightly, their keeper played an absolute blinder to keep the score down in pretty much the same way as the Bournemouth goalie did in similar conditions six (?) years later

The pitch was frozen that day and we had something of an advantage in that we played the week before on a similar pitch against Crystal Palace in a game that was eventually abandoned.

Now, if I remember the Nuneaton 6-0 rightly, their keeper played an absolute blinder to keep the score down in pretty much the same way as the Bournemouth goalie did in similar conditions six (?) years later
Yeah 6 years later when we won 9 0 in Mr redknapps first game in charge!
Think Peake was a teenager? Still the best defender I've ever seen play for us.

Was at that palarse game too. We were losing 1-0 when it was abandoned if memory serves me right. But beat them in the rearranged game 3-2 when it was nice and warm in April time?

Setting off in a bit. Really looking forward to this one, more than some of the League games. Something really different and an opponent I'd otherwise not get a look at.

A game we really should win but we know how the FA Cup always chucks up those 2 or 3 results in round 1. I expect they will come out of the blocks quite quickly due to a bit of excitement so we need to be at it from the off.

Let's give them and their supporters a warm welcome before the game and a generous round of applause at the final whistle as they disappear back into their league programme

... not sure will be able to listen in this afternoon as coming back from Chippenham, but we should be too much for Bowers. Expect them to start well and try and contain us but if we manage to contain them early doors then I can't see a major upset here. Imps 4ever.

I think this is the game with the most places between the two sides in this Round - 100 or so?

Trevor Peake was 19 at the time. Also in the Nuneaton team were Kirk Stephens and Tim Smithers who later had lengthy league careers with Luton and Oxford respectively.

There were said to be around 1,000 supporters from Nuneaton.

Trevor Peake in action in that match (blue & white and red & white stripes on the same pitch):

Nuneaton 11.12.76 de.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.