Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 49 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

We've been through it before but it's just not good enough. If you know you are doing the commentary for both sets of fans you do a bit of research on the opposition and at the very least you should be able to call their names out during the game. He's passionate about Lincoln but has to show a bit more professionalism and consideration when the commentary is going out to both sets of fans.
Only Accy players I heard him mention were Smyth, Charles and Nottingham, I think. Other than that it was "the right-sided player for Accrington" or "the Accrington 'keeper". When you add in the regular musical interludes, it all adds up to a very amateurish performance.

Only Accy players I heard him mention were Smyth, Charles and Nottingham, I think. Other than that it was "the right-sided player for Accrington" or "the Accrington 'keeper". When you add in the regular musical interludes, it all adds up to a very amateurish performance.

Called Edun as Eyoma at one point, and Eyoma wasn't even on the pitch at that point.. *sigh*

We've been through it before but it's just not good enough. If you know you are doing the commentary for both sets of fans you do a bit of research on the opposition and at the very least you should be able to call their names out during the game. He's passionate about Lincoln but has to show a bit more professionalism and consideration when the commentary is going out to both sets of fans.

He called Bramhall, Cohen. He's not good with surnames for Christian names, is he? 🙈

Thank you.

The way I see it, the players have set the standard, and we were well below that standard tonight.
Exactly this, your expectations have been raised so you think we can play to the highest standard every game. When you’ve been watching the Imps for 60 years like me you learn to tone down your hopes. Apart from one short period in the early eighties this is the best position I’ve seen the Imps in, so enjoy it while you can.

Exactly this, your expectations have been raised so you think we can play to the highest standard every game. When you’ve been watching the Imps for 60 years like me you learn to tone down your hopes. Apart from one short period in the early eighties this is the best position I’ve seen the Imps in, so enjoy it while you can.

I don't expect the same every week, but I do expect better than tonight.

After the first musical interlude, didnt Hortin drop the f-bomb live on air while trying to get it sorted? Mrs. CI's highlight of the night's commentary!

But it was poor, really poor.
In the first half for Imps supporters the music was the best bit. Sorry can’t do green
After the first musical interlude, didnt Hortin drop the f-bomb live on air while trying to get it sorted? Mrs. CI's highlight of the night's commentary!

But it was poor, really poor.
I quite enjoyed the music it took us away from our first half performance which was poor by our standards. Second half much better and I mean the football.

In the first half for Imps supporters the music was the best bit. Sorry can’t do green

I quite enjoyed the music it took us away from our first half performance which was poor by our standards. Second half much better and I mean the football.

But second half very lacking in musical interludes.

Thank you.

The way I see it, the players have set the standard, and we were well below that standard tonight.

but think when hull and donny had a bad day they lose we have a bad day we concede a final minute goal for a draw against a side who could be second.

we are going ok, we are all imps, we are all ok

So, another point, top of league one, exciting weeks ahead and we all looking forward to hopefully playing West Brom Sheffield Utd, Forest etc next August and I read on here plenty of grumbles and ‘not good enough’ comment. Each to there own I guess, that’s what it’s all about. I do wonder though what this forum would be like if we end up getting stuffed each week by West brom, Sheffield Utd, Forest etc a la Wycombe.

We are all feeling the same.

You speak for yourself. It wasn’t great but it’s another point in the bag, one more than Hull and Donny got Sometimes you have to see the bigger picture.
So, another point, top of league one, exciting weeks ahead and we all looking forward to hopefully playing West Brom Sheffield Utd, Forest etc next August and I read on here plenty of grumbles and ‘not good enough’ comment. Each to there own I guess, that’s what it’s all about. I do wonder though what this forum would be like if we end up getting stuffed each week by West brom, Sheffield Utd, Forest etc a la Wycombe.

Imagine if there had been a crowd in at the Bank, getting on the players’ backs.

Disappointing not to have hung on for the win - as usual when the other team equalises late on it feels like a defeat - but at half time I would have settled for 2-2.

First half was as poorly as we've played all season and the way they were going Accrington would have taken the lead even if we hadn't presented them with a goal.

It was important we managed to hold them to 1-0 at half time.

Obviously did better in the second half as Accrington showed they weren't very good at defending crosses into the box.

Jones didn't seem on it at all today, Montsma also to an extent, but he did some good work. Poole did better than Bramall - and Edun's display showed how much he brings to the team. Would like to have seen Palmer get a hand on that shot for the equaliser - whether he could have done I don't know. Rogers's goal was about the first thing he did right, but he was better after that.

Played poorly for the most part yet still should have won. Credit to Accrington, tough team to play against.

The Radio Lincs commentary is appalling - didn’t really care when I was going to games. Now we’re stuck with it and paying for the privilege. There must be some media students at the Uni that could do a better job?

I like to think of myself as being a realistic person. I didn't expect us to be where we are now, as I'm sure none of us did. However, the players have set the standards, so if I feel they have performed below those standards, I'm going to say so.

Of course, I don't expect the best possible performance every week, but I do expect better than tonight.

I imagine more people are thinking the same, but probably don't dare post this because they will just be shot down as I have been.

He called Bramhall, Cohen. He's not good with surnames for Christian names, is he? 🙈
I had a feeling he might end up calling him Wilfred Bramble, and then be interrupted by the Steptoe theme for another musical invasion of the game.
Sadly, Michael appears to be getting worse. Or maybe we only notice because we can see that he is getting so much wrong, rather than just having audio.

I like to think of myself as being a realistic person. I didn't expect us to be where we are now, as I'm sure none of us did. However, the players have set the standards, so if I feel they have performed below those standards, I'm going to say so.

Of course, I don't expect the best possible performance every week, but I do expect better than tonight.

I imagine more people are thinking the same, but probably don't dare post this because they will just be shot down as I have been.
Agree with all of that, Jules, I think its a matter of degee of expectation and resultant disappointment if the performance and/or result aren't up to scratch. The bar of expectation rises with each good performance and this team has delivered those in shedloads this season, tonight was a missed opportunity to put daylight between ourselves and the chasers. I'm disappointed and frustrated with the result and performance, but along with most on here would defend anyone's right to be pissed off with it! If someone said they were happy with it, however....

But: Hull and Charlton would have been happy with that result this weekend. This weird season continues to throw up unpredictable results.

And spare a thought for Clive, who has seen his 'other' side (first love?) lose at home to a side we all hope we'll be playing in the league next season!

Now are on page 50 yet or do we need more meal name related rambling?

Say it as you see it Jules , and if they shoot you down , get back up and shoot back , as i know you do (y) Certainly makes one feel better . :tophat:

Agree with all of that, Jules, I think its a matter of degee of expectation and resultant disappointment if the performance and/or result aren't up to scratch. The bar of expectation rises with each good performance and this team has delivered those in shedloads this season, tonight was a missed opportunity to put daylight between ourselves and the chasers. I'm disappointed and frustrated with the result and performance, but along with most on here would defend anyone's right to be pissed off with it! If someone said they were happy with it, however....

But: Hull and Charlton would have been happy with that result this weekend. This weird season continues to throw up unpredictable results.

And spare a thought for Clive, who has seen his 'other' side (first love?) lose at home to a side we all hope we'll be playing in the league next season!

Now are on page 50 yet or do we need more meal name related rambling?
Time for a chip supper.