Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

For me, Dinner is the main meal of the day...whatever time I have it. The smaller meal is either lunch or tea.
Agreed. When I was a kid, my Dad would come home from work at 12 for dinner, then tea when he'd finished for the day. At school it was school dinner supervised by dinner ladies.

These days, main meal in the evening after work is 'dinner' with a lunch break and sandwich during the day. It's always been 'elevenses' though and we arent posh!

What was this thread about?

Between being 18 and 21 in 1973-76 a member of our group of drinkers etc.. had one of the blue invalid cars. He had had polio as a kid and was quite badly disabled in one arm and one leg. But he was a great lad and took full part in our drinking activities.
There was just enough room to lie down the side and behind his seat for a passenger to get in. We used to take turns in getting a ride into town and back to the Ermine on many occasions. Depending how much Steve the driver hadhad to drink it was often an interesting ride home!!

Since we're hopelessly off-topic: remember these? I have vague memories of them being lined up next to the pitch in the 70s.

https://www.theguardian.com/technol...nvalid-carriage-festival-of-the-unexceptional

Parker’s Garage near Newport Arch sold those cars. The owner’s son used to let some of us mess about with them in the yard after school (Westgate). The site has been a block of flats for many years.

Between being 18 and 21 in 1973-76 a member of our group of drinkers etc.. had one of the blue invalid cars. He had had polio as a kid and was quite badly disabled in one arm and one leg. But he was a great lad and took full part in our drinking activities.
There was just enough room to lie down the side and behind his seat for a passenger to get in. We used to take turns in getting a ride into town and back to the Ermine on many occasions. Depending how much Steve the driver hadhad to drink it was often an interesting ride home!!
Ermine boys 👍

The Guardian article implies that Invacars were a 1970s thing. In fact they were introduced in the 40s with a much smaller engine. In the 60s I remember a regular contingent of four of them at Sincil Bank, one of them driven by a bloke called Taffy who used to play snooker from a wheelchair in the Legion.

When I first started going in the mid sixties I was always envious off the guys sat in their blue cars who could get so close to the action and had a birds eye view of the match, my dad put me right on you don’t want to be sat in one of those cars son!!