Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

As we are talking Sunday football, who remembers the first games, when I believe you couldn’t be charged just to get in, so to get round this, everyone paid for a thin strip of coloured paper with the team sheet printed on.
sounds crazy now, so maybe I dreamt it. )))

No you're right. I remember in the late 60s having to do that even for a charity game on the Northolme.

Lunch is mid morning (elevenses if you're posh), dinner around mid day, and tea late afternoon/evening

I remember an old boss of mine telling me about an industrial dispute he'd been involved in. He'd promised to provide some information to the union side by lunch the following day. Sure enough, at 10am the union rep went to his office for the info, having been promised it by lunch - it wasn't ready yet - it had been promised by lunch.........apparently led to an escalation in the dispute

Lunch is mid morning (elevenses if you're posh), dinner around mid day, and tea late afternoon/evening

I remember an old boss of mine telling me about an industrial dispute he'd been involved in. He'd promised to provide some information to the union side by lunch the following day. Sure enough, at 10am the union rep went to his office for the info, having been promised it by lunch - it wasn't ready yet - it had been promised by lunch.........apparently led to an escalation in the dispute
I'm thinking your definition of lunch is more of a brunch. According to my Mother so this is irrebuttable, dinner is at midday and tea is 5pm or when 'your father' gets in from work if later.

I have never ever heard anyone say lunch is in the morning. That’s breakfast surely unless you’re on four meals a day.

I have never ever heard anyone say lunch is in the morning. That’s breakfast surely unless you’re on four meals a day.
Plus time between meals to squeeze in a few snacks - or a milky way . another strange childhood memory is cheese and crackers with coffee before bedtime )))

Spot on !!
And I absolutely hate supermarkets filling up shelves with the next marketing date's guff three months before it comes along.
I've seen Tesco with a Christmas tree in the entrance way in September, creme eggs appearing before Hogmanay has been and gone. It's all one big con.
And I turned around and exited that Tesco after telling them why (politely I should add, but in my best disgruntled voice).
Hang on, what about pancake day?

No, no such thing as brunch in the days I grew up. Breakfast was breakfast. Lunch would be a cup of tea/coffee and a biscuit or similar at around 10 o'clock.