Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Frost is an indication of moisture freezing - the ground itself could still be rock solid frozen with no surface frost, which is the case in this manor.

Could well be very tricky late in the 2nd half. Anyone remember the Crystal Palace match were the pitch froze solid in the 2nd half and ref Kilpatrick - he of the huge lambchop side burns and the World champion of running backwards, called the match off well into the 2nd half?
Remember it very well. The Palace fans weren’t happy at all. I’m pretty sure we beat them in the rearranged match.

That's right - no admission without a team sheet. Believe it or not, 40p was the admission price in those days.

When it was played on a Sunday...

For the Sunday games in 1973-74 you had to buy an admission sheet to enter the ground due to the Sunday trading laws at the time. Clubs also had to offer a free turnstile for those who did not want to pay. I have all four of the admission sheets for home games (priced at 40p for adults and 20p for children on the Sincil Bank side).

Not sure if this also applied for the Sunday games in the early 1980s.

Lunch is mid morning (elevenses if you're posh), dinner around mid day, and tea late afternoon/evening

I remember an old boss of mine telling me about an industrial dispute he'd been involved in. He'd promised to provide some information to the union side by lunch the following day. Sure enough, at 10am the union rep went to his office for the info, having been promised it by lunch - it wasn't ready yet - it had been promised by lunch.........apparently led to an escalation in the dispute
When I was younger I would spend a lot of the summer with my dad, riding on the combine harvester, and they would definitely stop for what they called "lunch" in the morning, I think sometimes around 9 or 10am if they had been working since 6. Dinner was at 1, then tea at 5 or so.

Speaking on behalf of the Lincolnshire farming industry
Working mealtime timetable.
Breakfast is the meal when you get up
Lunch is a mid morning snack ( about 9-30 or 10 ish)
Dinner. 1pm
Tea. When you finish work (could be between 6pm and midnight)