Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City

Definitely a save by Jensen, and it didn't just hit him; he flicked out a hand.

Would need to watch it again but shades of Dudek for Liverpool v Schevchenco in the European cup final of 2005.

Though game and though watch for most of it but what matters in the end is three points ..

We found the way to win it while keeping clean sheet. Pleased with that. Seven unbeaten too Well done.
Feel like after this win we're almost safe and can only look up .

Last edited:
Grimsby 1 Doncaster 5!

A hat-trick of assists by Agent Adelakun.

Grimsby have conceded an astonishing 24 goals at home in 7 games since Artell became manager.
And how bad must they be, for Adelakun to rip them apart?

The Pishy is a glorious read right now.

Just got back. Two teams who for over an hour gave every impression of having no idea how to break each other down. We worked hard and defended well but carried absolutely no threat going forward. When Bishop came on we finally had someone who could beat a man and carry the ball and his presence was the difference. Taylor took his goal like a proper goalscorer, here's hoping it's the first of many. Both teams ended up making two good chances all game and we were the one who put one of theirs away and that was the difference. Results. End. Of. and we are starting to put some form together, long may it last...

I thought we did ok today in the end and secured a valuable 3 points. I couldn’t work out first half why our 3/4 of our least technical players O’Connor, Mitchell, Roughan and Jensen were trying impossible diagonals, long balls. 2nd half they kept it down and moved the ball to the more gifted players in the team, after 55 minutes we were pretty comfortable.

Didn’t expect us to create much with that midfield. Nevertheless, 4th of the 6 winnable February games out of the way. 10 points in the bag. Not to be sniffed at.

So many bang average/poor teams scrapping away in the 24 (17?). Just get the feeling a slight improvement - and/or a favourable run of fixtures moves a team rapidly up. Equally a small dip, run of fixtures against the top 7, and/or injuries to key players and you are back in the pack again.

Back home after a pretty horrendous drive through the rain. Anyhoo, a game which probably won't live long in the memory apart from Taylor's lovely composed finish to get us the 3 points. We were the better team but it was a game which needed a spark which ironically came when Jensen made that great instinctive save to divert the ball onto the bar. That moment seemed to give the team a bit of a kick up the arse and coupled with the introduction of Ted Bishop we started to play with much more focus and got the win. A game and performance which on the whole would be forgotten by many as they left the ground, but a welcome 3 points to keep the recent unbeaten run going. I'll take that.

3 points in the bag and for large parts we controlled the game.

My god our crosses and corners continue to be terrible though! Appears only Reeco can cross!

3 points in the bag and for large parts we controlled the game.

My god our crosses and corners continue to be terrible though! Appears only Reeco can cross!
I actually thought our corners were the best they've been for some time. We actually beat the first man more often than not!

Didn’t expect us to create much with that midfield. Nevertheless, 4th of the 6 winnable February games out of the way. 10 points in the bag. Not to be sniffed at.

So many bang average/poor teams scrapping away in the 24 (17?). Just get the feeling a slight improvement - and/or a favourable run of fixtures moves a team rapidly up. Equally a small dip, run of fixtures against the top 7, and/or injuries to key players and you are back in the pack again.
I was thinking this on the way out of the ground, that after a tough run of games we did have on paper some easier looking ones and it had been said on here it would be the test to see if we could start picking up points.
And to be fair as you say 10 out of 12 is just what we needed.

Not read whats above, but the first half we just did not get going. Second half the introduction of Bishop brought some much needed quality and hopefully a very well taken confidence booster for Taylor. Jenson made a great save from one of their lot and Bishop very unlucky not to score. House pressed for 95 minutes never stopped running, gave them no peace forcing them back and into mistakes. Hamilton grew into the game as we gained more control of the midfield as the game went on. Their tricky winger, No 21 was a danger but very well marshalled by Roughan , surprised he was taken off. Need to see the Moylan foul again, but seemed to be through on goal why would he fall down with the goal at his mercy ? O'Connor very solid at the back and rarely did we look like conceding. A well deserved win with a cobbled together side after the recent injuries. Getting used to this winning stuff !
UTI.

Last edited:
I thought while the first half was not packed with goal mouth action, we were the team with more intent. Exeter defended well, as they are allowed to and chances were limited.

I think with Hackett unavailable, putting Bishop, Mandroiu and Moylan on the bench indicated we were planning to make it hard for Exeter to play as they wanted.

Long diagonal balls and so playing mostly up their end, gave House and co the best chance to force Exeter into a mistake, playing out from the back...(although they didn't make one).

We edged an uneventful first half.

Once Bishop came on we looked a better side and it wasn't a surprise when we scored. Could have had another one or two.

Exeter had one really good chance. That was about it for them.

Last half hour there was some really decent play.

McGrandles is a really smart addition for the rest of the season. A big step up in our midfield craft, by swapping Smith for him, has been made.

In the end a pretty comfortable win...

despite no Jackson or Hackett and only half and hour of Bishop.

Without any major injuries we are shaping up for a pretty good end to the season.

It was a hard watch for the most part and quite a change by MS from the Charlton game with a no frills team with Reeco injured and Bishop and Mandy benched in favour of more workman like midfield. I guess the end justified the means but after a weeks training and no game midweek I will be disappointed if it’s the same team to play Port Vale next week. McGranny and the Ethan twins are attritional but 60 minutes of watching side and backwards passing with the back 3 tip tapping to each other or hoofing it long for House because they don’t trust the midfield to control, turn and play forward isn’t the way to threaten teams or get the best out of House and Taylor

I do wonder if the orders from the shareholders are get the points in the board to secure league one football best you can. Once that’s safe you have the rest of the season to implement the head coaches style ready for next season.

Would make sense and you can’t blame the club if that’s the tactic.

As an arm chair fan I can’t say it bothers me because I am not paying to watch it but can see why it would be a painful watch.

To be honest the ifollow radio coverage is so detached from the game (I watched the Charlton match) I don’t really know if it’s good bad or indiffferent.