Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City

Did the job in the end. Not much more to add other than the Exeter ifollow commentary was very reasonable and balanced.

The last 30 minutes of that game came to life and gave the fans some entertainment. A stunning reflex save Lukas Jensen when he deflected a powerful shot onto the bar kept us in that game. Ben House harried their defence right up to the end, he must be a defenders nightmare to play against. 3 more points and welcome.

Just as an afterthought, I thought defensively, Exeter were one of the worst teams we’ve seen this season. I think if we’d been on our game we could easily have won by 3 or 4 today. Someone is going to get a tanking from us soon 🤞.

A good win. Not a game for the archives but we took our big chance and Exeter didn’t due to an unbelievable Jensen save.

Happy for Taylor. Hope he can go on a run now in what on paper look like winnable games.

Bishop the difference for me. His composure and willingness to get on the ball is infectious.

Pretty scrappy stuff. One great save from Jensen aside they never looked like scoring. For an hour, neither did we. The introduction of Bishop meant there was finally some quality and creativity on the pitch. Once he was on we were well on top and he was giving them a real hard time.

Nicely taken goal from Taylor, hopefully that'll be what he needed to get him going.

Solid at the back again for the most part.

The constant aimless punts upfield in the first hour were very frustrating.

Happy to win but it does kind of emphasise what an opportunity it was for a team like us to have a stab at the top six this year, Exeter, who I thought were very limited could have gone level with us today if they'd won. I wouldn't be surprised if they go down next year.

Well it was three more vital points and Taylor has broken his duck at last. The first half was a dire watch, but the last half hour or so it came to life at last with a much much better City firmly in control. Wasn’t sure if Jenson had saved or not when they hit the bar, but from reading above sounds like a top save when they should have scored 👏. In the end we finished very strongly with Taylor getting put through and a very calm finish. House I think then hit the upright and the ref unbelievably played on whe he got brought down when clean through 🤦🏻. Exeter despite their huffing and puffing had nothing with O’Connor solid at the back and the two Ethans running the middle. Bishop showed his class when introduced and it’s no surprise that it was after his I introduction that we started to play. So we are now 7 unbeaten and that magic 50 mark edges closer. On to Vale it is then. UTI 👊💥👏

Stodgy first half. Better second. Especially after Bishop came on. Too late for MOM?
On seeing the teamsheet I thought we were lacking creativity in midfield. Should have started with Bishop, Mandroiu or Moylan in the 10.
Good 3 points. Taylor can finish. Excellent finish actually.

Game changed when Bishop came on for Duffy, we were crying out for Bishop to be fair. I’d give him another year now personally.

Thought O’Connor, House, Jensen and Erhahon all played well. If Jensen did turn that one on to bar which I think he did, it’s one hell of a save! Would probably give O’Connor man of the match just ahead of Bishop!

For an hour it was like the second half at Charlton. Distribution diabolical from the back, including Jensen’s, but one excellent throw. No real creativity and little excitement.

Bring on Teddy Bishop and it’s like lighting the blue touch paper. Happy to see Taylor get off the mark, and in such a cool way. Great save from Jensen, if it was a save. Think they only had one chance and with a bit more luck we could have had more goals. A decent end to the game, three more points, a clean sheet, and the unbeaten run continues.